Wednesday, 24 March 2010

Drastic action required

Enough already. Half a pound on this week which is not the end of the world, but I'm the same flipping weight I was before Xmas and it's really starting to do my head in now. The past 3 weeks I have gained 2.5 pounds, stayed the same and then gained a half. Ridiculous. I'm now not weighing in for 2 weeks as we're off to Croatia next Wednesday morning which is obviously not going to help.

Monday was ok, I was fairly prepared, but I had to attend that Speed Awareness Course on the night which ran from 5-9pm. I'd had some soup before leaving the office but by 7pm I was famished, which meant I got home and polished off 3 slices of toast before bed. What a stupid time to run a course in a place with no facilities other than tea and coffee from a nasty machine... it almost encourages you to speed home due to extreme hunger and tiredness. Perhaps I should have been a bit better prepared and taken a sandwich or something with me. Ah well, you live and learn.

Yesterday should have been better, but I had some bad news which threw me right off kilter. I missed lunch and went home early and ended up eating half a packet of Fig Rolls as I was suddenly ravenous, that with my planned Lasagne for dinner and a couple of glasses of wine in an attempt to destress (bad idea) put me over once again. Unfortunately I have to head back up North tonight to attend a funeral tomorrow, something I have been expecting for a while but when the news came, it didn't make it any easier. My big boss has been great and told me to take tomorrow off and stay at my parents on Friday and work if from there if I am up to it. So I'm going to travel back down South on Saturday afternoon.

Tonight I have a 5 hour train journey which is not going to be much fun, but I've got food with me. I'm going to do the photo diary again for a few days in an attempt to shame me into being good.

Today looks like this:

Breakfast - small baguette roll with 1 tbsp of egg mayo and crispy bacon (7)


Lunch - Innocent Veg Pot - Japenese Miso Noodles (4)

Dinner on the train - cold left over Lasagne made with extra lean mince and loads of veggies (6.5)


A packet of Space Raiders (1) from a multi pack and a 99 calorie Drifter (2) for the train journey if needed.


So thats 20.5 in total out of 26. I am going to try and stick with this for today as I need to bank some for the inevitable damage I will do at the weekend. I was supposed to be out for the next 4 days in a row, but now I am going home that's all cancelled which in a way is better for me as it allows me to have a bit more control. I just need to make sure I control the emotional eating thing and it could all be good.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your bad news. Hope you´re OK.

    Maybe after your holiday everything will get a bit easier again, and you can start again with fresh energy.

    For me stress is always a weightloss killer.

    Good luck X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you are having a tough time sweetie, take care of yourself.

    Just try to do your best but don't beat yourself up too much.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!