Thursday, 4 March 2010

Randomness

Thanks everyone for your comments yesterday - I a now armed with a number of remedies which I intend to try which will hopefully do the trick. Still no luck so far, but I'll spare you all any more details. Not sure I need to turn this into a blog about my toilet habits!

I headed to the gym last night for Spinning, only to find no Spin Instructor, so I did a bit of half hearted peddaling, my exercise motivation is still severly lacking so it was a fairly feeble attempt. Must try harder. We ended up ordering Chinese once we got home, but to be honest, I am not feeling overly like stuffing my face at the moment given I currently feel like I have inhaled a sapce hopper so I was able to stay within points without too much trauma.

Today is shaping up to be another fairly decent day. I've just had an Innocent Veg Pot for lunch and it was bloody lovely, you have to try these if you are stuck for a quick and healthy lunch, much more satisfying than a low fat sarnie, plus 3 of your 5 a day - Bargain! Someone has very kindly stuck the remnants of an office buffet behind me but I am managing to ignore the sandwiches and cakes so far. Although the cakes do look bloody lovely. Ho hum.

In other news, I've a couple of weddings this year so I have purchased myself 2 dresses as an incentive to get a few more pounds off. They are both in a size 18 which should fit me now at a push - but another half a stone would definitely help.

The first one, I love, but I fear since most of my weight is on my thighs, this would take some industrial strength spanx to keep things in check. This model even manages to look all thighs in it so I imagine I'll be a right horror!


The second one is a bit more forgiving.... but I don't like it as much. Anyway, I may hate them both when they arrive.....


Is it wrong to wear black for a wedding?? If I decide on either of these, I'll wear coloured accessories. I'm not ready to go parading myself in head to toe colour just yet! I'll keep my eyes out for something a bit more wedding friendly as these may end up going back.

Off out with friends for Dinner tonight, I think we're heading to Pizza Express so I can have one of the Leggera Pizzas which should allow me to bank a few points for the weekend. The scales are predictably still showing me 3 pounds up on last week which is disheartening but I'll try and ignore it for now.

3 comments:

  1. I'd have no prob wearing a black dress to a wedding - like you say, it all depends on the accessories. I love the first one as well. Très chic!
    Leggera for main 7½ or 8½, and sotto zero ( dead yum ) for dessert 3½ - brilliant meal. Enjoy your night out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first dress is BEAUTIFUL! Where is it from - I want one!
    Innocent veg pot are so the way forward - very virtuous ready meals. Good luck getting rid of the space hopper. Enjoy the Leggera. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the night out, and those dresses are lovely - I think it's fine to wear black to a wedding, our theme is going to be black!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!