I'm not weighing in today, I've even come to work in Jeans so I won't go to my class as I can't very well strip down to my G-String in a room full of strangers (I normally wear a flimsy dress that weighs as little as possible and I've even thought about removing my underwear before). I'm not avoiding the scales because I've had a particularly bad week. I had an 18 point defecit by Sunday, but I've pulled all but 2 of those back, however a quick jump on my scales shows I am currently 4 pounds heavier than I was last week.
Here comes the "Too Much Information" bit... I haven't been to the loo since Saturday - if you get my drift. I feel awful and bloated and look like I am pregnant and clearly the scales would show a gain because of this which even though I know it wouldn't be a true gain, it would knock me somewhat. And my journey so far this year has been somewhat unsteady as it is.
I don't know what to do about this 'situation', I've increased my water and fibre intake, tried prunes and senna, and WW Fruities, tried strong coffee and a bit more exercise and last night I resorted to a laxative - still nothing. My body seems set to frustrate me this week! Maybe I need a hot curry and a few pints of lager to get things moving???
Anyway, I'm sure the situation will resolve itself eventually and I am determined to have a good week. I'm going Spinning tonight and food is planned for the next few days so that should keep me on the straight and narrow. I've a few social engagements which require a bit of planning but I should manage to stay on track.
I'm 4 pounds away from losing 4 stone and its 4 weeks today til we head off to Croatia, so that's my current focus, but I am very much still taking it one day at a time.
If anyone has any tips for my little issue - they'd be most appreciated!
Prunes usually work for me! Or you can always use a glycerin suppository. They are gentle and might do the trick. Hope things clear up soon.
ReplyDeleteHi Hun, how about going to pharmacy and getting some lactulose? That might just get things shifting.
ReplyDeleteMy cousin, who has a chronic problem of this kind, went to a reflexologist, of all things, and "went" every day for the next week!
ReplyDeleteI understand you not wanting to weigh in I wouldn't want to either.
Hi ya, my mom´s always taking the lactulose, when she´s coming over. She always gives me a daily report about her poo situation, so nothing can shock me there. It works for her.
ReplyDeleteHave a happy poo!
X
Poor you !!!!! I have ibs and suffer from this 'issue' quite a bit. I soak linseeds in hot water for a couple of minutes and add OJ or something to improve the taste then next the lot.
ReplyDeleteNever fails. Good luck.