Friday, 4 February 2011

Battle of the buffet and Krispy Kreme's

I am fairly sure my office is going all out to sabotage me. Every day this week, there have been visitors in the board room - and without fail, they have left most of their buffet lunch which has then been wheeled out into the office for the rest of us to share.

Buffet's are the work of the devil when you are lacking self control. On the plus side, I managed to stock up on a lot of fruit - apples, bananas and plums have been my friends. Mini Onion Bhaji's, Mini Cheese Muffins and Kettle Chips, have been my foe's. I could have resisted all of these things once, but every bloody day? Lord help me. This was coupled with some of the team bringing in home made Chocolate Brownies and yesterday, box upon box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts for another colleagues birthday.

Still, I managed to satisfy myself with a tiny amount of the food and a lot of the fruit and not do too much damage. I also managed to have a Krispy Kreme doughnut (6 points for a glazed ring - not bad really) yesterday as well as dinner at my friend's house (macaroni cheese - it's a conspiracy) and stay *just* within my points. Phew.

We are staying in tonight, so I intend to cook something relatively points friendly (steak with veggies perhaps) and have a nice glass or two of wine. Tomorrow we are off to Brum for a few hours to see Matt's Mom and Step dad for lunch and then back to see friend's for a belated Burn's night supper - a bit of planning is required for tomorrow to make sure I don't blow all of my points at lunchtime.

Sunday will be a day of rest - I may even think about doing some exercise... steady on girl.

Hope you all have positively lovely weekends.

2 comments:

  1. You know what, Linz - that's perfect - it's exactly the way it should be. A little of what you fancy and a lot of what's good for you. Have a lovely weekend and I'm quite jealous of your Krispy Kreme! :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6 points for a Krispy Kreme? this is very dangerous news, i can quite easily polish off a box of 12 in less then 24hrs (yes i've tried, lol) Well done for having such great self control, if i saw a buffet i'd be head first into it. x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!