Monday, 14 February 2011

Boredom eating

I've had a much longed for quiet weekend with no plans... and I found myself fairly bored by yesterday. I am just not very good at doing very little. Unfortunately for me, boredom tends to mean food, a habit I clearly need to change.

Saturday was a lovely day, so we went shopping and then for lunch to a lovely pub near the river. I opted for Pea and Mint soup, which filled me up completely (I am liking this shrunken stomach business). Lovely pub, but flipping expensive (soup for me, panini and chips for Matt - £17!). I had wanted to go for a walk, but West Brom were playing (and Matt is obsessed) so we had to head home for him to listen to them losing a 3 goal lead which had him in a lovely mood. Football, huh?


I spent the rest of the weekend pottering around the flat, clearing out cupboards and cooking up batches of soup to see me through the week. I've now got a fridge full of Spiced Parsnip and Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup which should suffice for lunches. 

Not overly sure how WI will be tomorrow. The start of the week was really low on points, but I think I made up for it over the weekend. I ate too much yesterday, I actually only had one 'proper' meal. Slow cooked pork with Mash last night, but I spent the day picking at bits which I clearly didn't need. I also ate a fair few truffles and drank more than my fair share of Prosecco in the name of Romance. Any excuse.

Matt was working for most of the day, so I was attempting to entertain myself without spending money. I decided to go for a walk, stepped outside, got completely drenched and then stomped back into the flat. My foray back into the world of exercise was completely short lived. Must try harder.

Tonight we are off to Mya Lacarte for dinner, I don't usually care too much about Valentine's Day, but Matt booked a table and bought me some lovely tulips (my favourite flowers) so I guess I should indulge the old Romantic. (Plus with true female logic, I'd have been well annoyed if he'd have done nothing!)



Can't see me being overly diet friendly tonight (not handy the night before WI), but I'm sticking to soup for lunch so maybe I won't be too bad.

Happy Valentine's Day all x

2 comments:

  1. Can't believe the Baggies threw it away! Bet your fella was well hacked off, I know me and my Dad were!

    Gorgeous flowers, they look so pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed - gorgeous flowers! I might just go and buy some for myself, as yours are so pretty! :o)

    Sounds like you had a great weekend, but I do know what you mean - you long for the peace and quiet and then don't know what to do with yourself - I'm a sucker for boredom eating too. Think the trick is to actually find something to do to distract yourself - a decent film you've been meaning to watch, paint your nails (always works) - just something to distract yourself for 15 mins and then quite often you've forgotten!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!