Thank you all for taking the time to comment yesterday, you really do help me come to my senses.
I think I've been getting myself too focussed on the 'if it's not broken, don't fix it' philosophy - as in, I am not unhappy, so why change? I've been doing some form of diet (unsuccessfully, obviously since I am still fat) for most of my adult life, sometimes, you just get a bit sick of constantly having to think about it. Sometimes, it would be nice to not think about what I should be eating and just eat what the hell I want.
BUT, I am fat and if I don't think about it, I will end up with the scenario you mentioned Peridot, where I will have to be winched from my bed by an industrial strength crane and possibly start to suffer some serious health issues.
So, I will keep plodding along. I'll keep tracking, I'll probably still struggle along the way, but hopefully I'll not end up the size of a house end in the near future - who knows, I might even slim down a bit. And then God help me, I'll probably be pretty unbearable then.
Happy weekends y'all.
Hey Linz,
ReplyDeleteSorry I didn't comment on this yesterday, as I read the post, but I think we all go through this. Especially once the first chunk has gone off and you feel pretty good. Don't know having good self-esteem - I'd kill for it! You know what you've got, and you appreciate the good stuff - that's brilliant, so plodding is definitely the way forward. After all - you've not got a reason to rush - just the rest of your life to improve a tiny thing here and a little thing there. You'll be fine ... in fact you'll be brilliant! :o)