Tuesday, 8 February 2011

Things I've learnt today

1. Just because you've been throwing up for days and nothing has passed your lips, don't see it as a miracle weight loss tool. You will lose 4 pounds and feel cheated. Ridiculously so.

2. Don't go back to work because you're bored of your own company, you are still not very well and will therefore puke Lucozade out of your nose. People will dislike you for bringing germs into the office.

3. Lucozade is not enough to sustain you after 3 days without food and you will therefore feel faint and possibly make a right prat out of yourself whilst having a hot flush and having to hastily derobe. Beware of loose fitting vests whilst derobing as you may show a bit more than you'd like.

4. Only chicken soup will do.

That is all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

6 comments:

  1. This made me laugh a lot! Still, 4lb is 4lb...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh hun, I really feel for you, I hope you get better soon, sending hugs your way.

    Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah - been there and done that ... well, maybe not the lucozade out the nose thing - that is pretty special ... but the rest - yup!

    Glad to see you're on the road to recovery, lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4lbs though - wow! I'd have to have an amputation to achieve that sort of loss.

    Px

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really wish I didn't have to laugh, because your obviously really poorly. Sorry, but I just can't stop my mouth from twitching upwards, reading the lucozade-nose part.

    Hope you'll be feeling better soon!

    XX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!