Wednesday, 23 February 2011

I can see this in 2 different ways....

  1. I've put 3 pounds back on since the dreaded Norovirus incident - or - 
  2. I've lost a pound really.... 
So, at my last weigh in, I was 4 pounds down, mainly due to projectile vomiting and not having eaten for 4 days. Last night, I was 3 pounds up from that, so I am seeing it as I've lost a pound. Seems a bit more of a positive outlook. What this has done, however, is give me that much needed kick. I'm 1.5 stone heavier than I was early last year and it's just not good enough. I know I can do this if I put my somewhat stubborn mind to it, so I am going to give it a shot. I NEED to get back on the exercise wagon. That starts at lunchtime today with a somewhat soggy walk (drizzle is surely the worst kind of rain). I've a fairly ridiculous week ahead of me, but I've agreed to send my leader my trackers every day - it might help me make slightly better choices if nothing else. 

Matt and I have also decided to do our own 'Biggest Loser' competition. We are both going to weigh in every week and whoever loses the least will stick a tenner in a pot - if we both fail to lose, we both put in. If we fail miserably at weight loss, at least we'll have a nice pot of money to spend on holiday, but hopefully we'll both be a bit slimmer as well.

So between now and my next weigh in, I have the following to contend with:

Tonight - dinner at a friend's house in Twickenham. I know what she is cooking so I have planned today accordingly.
Tomorrow - dinner at another friend's house in Wokingham. She mentioned pizza, so I will eat lightly tomorrow in order to compensate.
Friday - Matt's birthday, dinner at Wagamama before seeing Micky Flanagan live. My favourite is Chicken Katsu Curry and from nutritional info I found online it works out at 13 PP from one website and 20 PP from another - I'll maybe go somewhere in the middle if I opt for that! (Unless anyone knows of any good choices?)
Saturday - Matt's birthday dinner at the Royal Oak (I hope we see Parky)
Sunday - Sunday Lunch with friends
Monday - kitchen is ripped out - exist on Pot Noodles for a week.

Phew. 

5 comments:

  1. Love the idea of a Biggest Loser competition! Good luck, I'll be cheering for you ;-)

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your positive thinking that you lost a lb. Trouble with being ill is that apart from feeling total crap, when you start to eat normally again your body stores it! Love the idea of your competition, good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I third the biggest loser challenge sounds ace. I can't do it with Mr B as he'd waste away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come on Linz...don't let Matt beat you, you can do this!! Good luck ...I think I need a challenge too to kick my butt back on track ! I seem to have slipped off the wagon slightly lately, but I'm holding on by my fingernails.... x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!