I continue with my plodding, I know I am not 100% focussed but I've definitely not lost the plot. I seem to be eating well about 75% of the time. I just hope that other 25% isn't enough to cause me much damage. I guess I will find out on Tuesday!
Friday night we went to see the brilliantly funny Jason Manford in Reading which was just what the doctor ordered. I'd had a rubbish day at work and Matt was really stressed, so a lot of humour was definitely much needed. We grabbed a quick dinner beforehand in Bill's - I ordered Halloumi and Hummus, left the bun and most of the chips so it wasn't too hideous.
Saturday morning I was up bright and early to prepare dinner for us and 4 of Matt's mates who were coming round that evening. In the 3 years Matt has lived in the flat, he's not entertained at all so it was a bit of an occasion! I was trying to go for easy options as we had leaving drinks to attend during the afternoon, so I prepared Leek and Potato Soup, Lasagne and home made garlic bread, which just left me a salad to sort when we got back from Brentford.
One of my friends is leaving the South to move back up North to Hull with her family. I will miss her a lot, but I can totally understand why they want to move. They've sold their 2 bedroomed flat in London and have bought a 5 bedroomed house in Hull - mortgage free. Makes me wonder why I live down here sometimes! We attended their leaving drinks during the afternoon (I did have a few sausage rolls and a samosa, but that was it!) but I drove so I couldn't do too much damage with booze. It was lovely to catch up with a lot of friends I've not seen in a long while. Much laughter and some tears, but I'll definitely be making trips up North to see her.
Saturday night, was probably a points disaster, although I didn't actually eat too much as I was too busy worrying about everyone else. I did however drink far too much Prosecco! I am generally not a bad cook, but I always doubt my abilities when I am cooking for others. Clean plates all round however, so there weren't any complaints.
We had a couple of friends stay over that night, so yesterday morning we went to the local greasy spoon for breakfast. Sometimes nothing else will do when you have a hangover. I did manage to counterbalance the grease by sticking to Salad and Fruit for the rest of the day - plus we walked the mile or so there and back - not enough exercise I know, but it's a start.
So all in all, I am still plodding. I am still aware of my choices and still trying to be as good as I can. I don't expect to lose much weight until I sort out my mindset, but so long as I don't gain, I'll be happy. I'm still 3 stone down from where I started, so to undo that hard work would be a bloody disgrace.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking time to comment!