I am not sure oooops really sums it up. I've suffered a massive lack of self control since Friday night and am now feeling thoroughly stuffed and generally queasy from all of the crap I've consumed over the last 48 hours.
On Friday me and the girls set off on our secret journey - we were heading up to Liverpool to see one of our bestest friends Debbie. I met Nina, Caroline and Deb in my first year at Uni in 1994 and we shared flats together throughout our 4 years at Uni and beyond. I love them all to bits and given Debs lives in Liverpool we probably only spend time all 4 of us together 2 or 3 times a year.
Deb's other half had arranged for us to come up without her knowing - brave man! I am surprised she didn't kill him once she found out - she's not good with surprises. The journey is about 3.5 hours in the car. We stocked up on supplies for the journey - I did have some good intentions with carrot sticks, cherry tomatoes and reduced fat houmous, but I may have been seduced by the Quorn mini eggs and sausage rolls, Walkers Sensations crisps and the mini chocolate muffins. Ahem. When we arrived at Deb's we cracked open the sparkling stuff - she recently got engaged so it was a bit of a celebration. 6 bottles later and after much chin wagging, we got to bed around 0230. Typically I was awake at 8am - along with Caroline and Deb. Cue bacon and sausage sandwiches and a hangover from hell.
We spent yesterday afternoon at the Chesire Oaks outlet village. I should really have bought some Xmas presents, instead I got some completely ridiculous green sparkly shoes and a ridiculously expensive Mulberry handbag (I am completely obsessed with Mulberry to the point that I need help - and a much better paid job) I justified buying the bag as it had 65% off. That means it was only the equivalent of a months mortgage payment instead of 2... ok I jest, but I must never go shopping again with a hangover and a credit card. I seem to lose all sense. We had lunch at the food village and I opted for a giant yorkshire pudding filled with roast beef and gravy - not exactly the healthiest thing I could have gone for, but certainly not the worst.
The evening seemed to go in the same format. We decided to stay in - so that meant pizza, crisps, houmous and bread. Not to mention about 10 glasses of wine. That today has been washed down with another bacon sandwich and a totally healthy KFC. What was I thinking??? Well that's the problem - I actually wasn't.
I had a fab weekend with the girls though and I am just not going to stress over my excesses. I imagine I'll get a small gain this week, but its just not the end of the world. Spending time with my bestest friends means more to me than losing a pound this week. I know I will be back on track tomorrow. Life is going to get in the way sometimes, I just need to make sure it doesn't happen all of the time and we should be sorted.
Sounds like you've had a wicked weekend, you're so right though a weekend with your bessies is definately worth a pound or two! ohhh and your handbag sounds divine!!
ReplyDeleteOkay so you may have slipped up a little huh, but at least you had an awesome weekend. Its okay to indulge every once in a while, its compensating for it later thats the key. Its all a balancing act and im sure even when those new pounds you gain evaporate you'll still have ace memories of the weekend.
ReplyDeleteLooks as though you had a great weekend. So you indulged. It's not something you do everyday and you were with good friends.
ReplyDeleteIt's just one weekend.