Tuesday, 17 November 2009

Physio and flashing

First of all, thank you everyone for your lovely comments on my last post regarding the dress. I may even wear one more often now that I have mastered the art of tottering in a heel.... well, thats perhaps a tad optimistic, I can stand in them for around 3 minutes at a time, that's progress.

Despite my best efforts the past 2 days, I am going to finish off my WW week -15 points. Not at all the end of the world and I am hoping it won't result in a gain given you are technically allowed 6 points a day for maintenance, but somewhat annoying that my lack of control at the weekend undoes most of my hard work. I've also not done any form of movement since painting on Sunday - I was in bloody agony all day yesterday from said painting which made any form of movement somewhat difficult. Anyway, tomorrow we shall see. I'll be digging out my lightest of clothes, removing all jewelry and possibly underwear in a vain attempt to see the scales move down. I'd get weighed naked if my fellow WW'ers didn't mind.

Working from home today as I've finally managed to arrange physio on fat ankle. Got my first session later so I am hoping it will be beneficial, my ankle is still large, but really hard so I am not overly sure what's going on there. I guess that's because I work in IT and didn't spend years studying medicine. Let's hope the physio can work out whats happening with it!

Unfortunately physio means I am going to have to miss Knitting Club tonight as I won't be able to make it over to Twickenham in time. Bit of a shame as I was looking forward to it and my knitting is not exactly coming along in leaps and bounds. I've had to resort to buying myself a scarf as the 2 inches I've so far managed just wasn't going to cut it in Winter.

I also made the unfortunate mistake of flashing at the Gardener today. We live in a ground floor flat and ours is at the back looking onto the garden - no one is ever in the garden so I've gotten into the rather bad habit of not closing the curtains when I am getting dressed. Imagine my horror (and definitely his) when I stepped out of the shower in the en suite with the door wide open to see the Gardener staring back at me through the bedroom window. Poor, poor man. I am really hoping he is short sighted. Hopefully he won't recognise me with my clothes on.

Ooooh and at lunchtime I bought a couple of bottles of wine as they were on offer in Morrisons - I was asked for ID!! I could have kissed the lady, I am a fairly haggard looking 33 today (I'm normally 33 obviously but not normally haggard - lack of sleep). I think losing a bit of weight off my face has made me look younger - I was also told that by my friend last night who I used to live in Prague with. I popped over to Windsor to see her last night for dinner and to see her 9 month old son - he's adorable, anyway, I digress..... She said I was looking really young at the moment. I presume she meant it in a good way and not that I was resembling mutton in my attempts to dress a bit trendier of late :)

1 comment:

  1. Its great when you get ID'd, although somewhat annoying an inconvenient at times. I get ID'd all the time, even though im 28, the last time I was ID'd I was trying to buy sissors from sainsburies. I didn't actually have any ID on me so I had to put them back. D'oh. They wouldnt believe my age.
    And I bet you brightened up your gardeners day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!