Wednesday, 4 November 2009

WI

Very pleased to announce a 3lb loss. I know that's over 2 weeks, but still very happy as that puts me a bit more firmly in the 17 stone bracket. Happy Days. My 50lb loss for the New Year is looking more doable as I just need another 5lbs off to reach that.

Last night was pretty uneventful, spent most of the night trying to get the flat into some sort of order. Painted the bathroom which must class as bonus points as I was knackered afterwards and my arms are aching today.

I cooked the Fajita Style Stack from the Winter Warmers cookbook which was bloody lovely. Matt said it was one of the best meals I'd ever cooked an given I am a total domestic goddess, that's pretty good going :)

Thought I'd share the joy so here's the recipe:

Serves 4

300g Chicken (or 350g quorn)
1 leek sliced thinly
1 red pepper diced
small portion mushrooms sliced
1 packet Fajita spice mix
2 tbsps Tomato Puree
4 soft flour tortillas
150g Low fat soft cheese with garlic and herbs
150ml Chicken stock (or veg)
30g Low Fat Cheddar (I use Les Kol which is 1.5 points)

Pre heat the oven to 170
Dry fry the mushrooms, leeks, pepper and chicken for around 6-7 minutes until the chicken is browned and the veggies softened.
Stir in the fajita spice and tomato puree and cook for about a minute
Add in the stock and stir until the sauce thickens and comes together - leave to simmer for 3-4 mins.
Spread one of the tortillas with the ELF and place in the bottom of a round cake tin (ELF facing up)
Layer on 1/3 of the chicken mix and repeat with the remaining tortillas, ELF and chicken. FInish with a tortilla spread with ELF.
Sprinkle the grated cheddar and bake in the oven for 15-20 mins until browned.

Cut into 4 portions and serve! Delicious. Should have taken a photo but we snaffled it pretty sharpish and the bit I have for my lunch today doesn't look so appealing in a tupperware container.

I'm not going to the gym tonight so I can try and get the flat back into some sort of order, I have a girls night out on Friday and they are staying over and currently we have 5 inches of dust and the contents of 2 bathrooms in every room in the flat. Not overly pleasant.

I am working early tomorrow (6am start - eeek) so my aim is to go to the gym at 2:30 when I finish, that's if I can keep my eyes open!

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your loss! 5lb for New Year is most definitely on, I'd say.
    You should add a warning to your recipe not to do what I did and drop the stack when getting it out of the tin, splatting it all over the worktop. Doesn't do much for the presentation. :oD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah baby - that is superwonderfullybrilliant!

    I reckon you can do more than 5lb for the new year - go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a fab loss. 5lbs loss by the New Year is very dooable.

    The Fajita Style Stack sounds delicious. I think I might try my own version of it (don't like spicy food)with a bbq sauce.

    Well done x

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats fantastic hun well done!!! 5lbs is very do able babe thats like half a pound a week!!!

    def go for it

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That recipe sounds stunning. I must try that. And well done on the weight loss that 50lb goal is well within reach now huh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Linz - that's fantastic - what a bloody marvellous loss!! I reckon you'll be absolutely fine for getting your 50lbs for New Year - you're totally rocking it these days!

    Liking the sound of the fajita stack - think I'm going to have to try those :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done, great loss this week Linz, you must be chuffed to bits. Recipe sounds lovely, think I will buy that cookbook. Enjoy the chores!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done!
    I am suffering from a severe lack of motivation, please send help! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We've had the fajita stack a couple of times now, and it is bloomin lush!

    Well done on your loss x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!