- I really, really don't like coriander and have no idea why I thought carrot and coriander soup was a good idea for my first 'proper' meal. I need to stay away from Orange foodstuffs - as if the lucozade through the nose episode wasn't enough to warn me off (I can still smell it now!)
- When you've not eaten for days, your stomach doesn't 'alf shrink. A bowl of soup and half a toasted bagel will leave you stuffed to the point of discomfort for the entire day.
So, I am actually feeling back to normal today. Hooray! That blooming Norovirus is one evil son of a biatch. Heaven help you if you are suffering. I started back pointing yesterday, but after a pitiful amount of food (seriously strange for me that I actually just didn't want to eat....) I was resorting to drinking full 'fat' Dr Pepper in an attempt to get some calories in me. I came in with 20 points to spare, but it was progress. I am not sure I will have such trouble today!
Working from home today as we have a leaky toilet (seriously bad timing with the state I have been in) so I am expecting a plumber sometime between 8am-6pm. That's a very handy timeframe, no doubt I'll stay in all bloody day and he'll rock up at 6pm. At least that means I won't be off out in town buying myself pies and cakes to make up for my recent lack of intake.
On that note, I am off to see what delights the freezer has to offer today. Fish cakes and peas for breakfast probably...
Glad you're feeling better! :o) If you like carrot, but not the coriander, I like carrot with tarragon for a homemade soup - super quick to make and pretty tasty, if that's any help?
ReplyDeleteGood to hear you're feeling better, that norovirus is evil!
ReplyDeleteI loathe carrot soup - but that's because I ate it quite a bit at a real low point in my life and even the smell reminds me of that distress. I do love coriander though! Rosemary would work well as a substitute - has an affinity with root veg.
ReplyDeleteGlad you're feeling better. And with super clean nostrils too!
Px