Tuesday, 26 May 2009

Bridesmaid dress horror

My little sister (she's 11 years younger, 5'11" and weighs about 7 stone, I'd love to hate her!) gets married next October - yes 2010, but we have our bridesmaids dresses already?! I had to try it on (she lives up North still so I had to go it alone on the shopping front) and send her a picture as the fattest bridesmaid to make sure it suited me.... oh deary me. I was seriously hoping she'd get my text and fall about laughing and then decide we all needed to be in something ankle length...... But no, she's decided I look 'lovely' and she's gone and bought the same dress for the other 4.

Seriously - what is she thinking?? I've not worn anything this short without a pair of jeans underneath it since I was about 10 years old! Absolutely dreadful..... I've bought this size and a size smaller for inspiration, but me in a short dress is just a disaster zone. Plus she's putting me in heels which means I'll no doubt revisit my ankle injury, if not spend the day walking around like a man in drag which is the norm for me in anything higher than 1 inch!



So, I've got 17 months, theoretically if I was any good at this dieting lark, I could be nearing my goal weight by then - which adds to the extra trauma that the dress will no longer fit me.... Ah well, only 17 months to get myself in a flap about it too.... :)

1 comment:

  1. Aww! The dress IS lovely and defo not too short! And you will be the 'skinny one' in 17mths, go girl! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!