Well my start to the weekend was not ideal. I was meant to go spinning on Friday night and I was full of good intentions, however, I arrived at the gym and my trainers did not! I'd cleverly managed to leave them sat by the door after Wednesday's outing. Excellent start! We went to the pub for a couple of drinks instead (great alternative!) and then I cooked Shepherds pie. I tried to make it pretty healthy with loads of veg and mixing beef and turkey mince, I did however manage to make enough to feed about 8 people so I had to be very restrained on the portion sizes!
Saturday was lovely, we went to a friend of Matts for a BBQ but I only had 1 burger and a few glasses of wine - I'd love to say I was on my best behaviour, but in realitly there just wasn't that much food!! We walked there and back which was about 4 miles so I guess that compensated a bit for my lack of spinning on Friday.
The weather was gorgeous yesterday but we persuaded ourselves to go for a swim, I only did about 30 mins and then we had a bit of a running race up and down the pool which had me in stitches, I keep falling over and almost flashing to the rest of the swimmers - note to self, must get a costume that is less low cut for future races :)
We popped to the Island for a couple of ciders after the gym which was probably not the best way to rehydrate - but what the heck, it was a gorgeous day! We then had our inaugral (is that the right word??) Caversham BBQ, it took us about 4 hours to put it up a few weeks ago and we've not had decent enough weather since to get it fired up. Was lovely, we just defrosted a load of stuff from the freezer and had some salad and new potatoes from the fridge. I was quite restrained, 1 pork chop, half a low fat burger and a minted lamb chop with loads of salad. Lovely.
So Monday again, WI on Wednesday morning and although I have been quite good this week, I am not overly confident I have undone all of the damage from the last few weeks. Fingers crossed its not too bad!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking time to comment!