Wednesday, 6 May 2009

Old Posts


21/03/2008 05:28

Shocker

Well this week has been pretty bad on from an eating perspective. Last week I ate out Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun - and 3 courses every time! I also managed to drink like a fish which didn't help. Still, I enjoyed all the really good food I ate and thought I'd make it up this week. Hasn't quite happened however! I am trying to make good choices but seem to be struggling for some reason. I am also feeling blooming exhausted thanks to all the shitty shifts I am working which probably isn't helping. In the office today on my own since its Good Friday and already I am thinking about lunch and I have only just finished my breakfast!

Grrr. Anyway, miraculously I have still lost 2 pounds this week. I had better get back on track or its bound to catch up with me next week.

The whole work thing is really starting to get on top of me, I never know where I am from one minute to the next and I am permanently shattered. Not helping with the exercise either. Anyway,. I am moaning far too much! Back on it next week... hopefully :o)

AWOL

Seems I have been a little bit AWOL of late. Had to work a load of late shifts last week which messes me up completely so I have been a bit of a hermit since then. Went back up North for the weekend to see my family and it was lovely to see my nieces again. Stuck to the diet as best I could and took the dog out for a couple of walks. I did manage to get a bit drunk on Saturday however which probably didn't do me any favours.

My little sister is a stunner (and currently sporting new boobs thanks to a bit of surgery) She's tall, skinny and gorgeous and going out with her is always a mistake. I feel so invisble when I am out. It didn't help that after years of living in London, I forget just how much effort everyone makes at home when they go out. I turned up in my jeans and a 'going out' top, I was the only one not in a dress! Coupled with the fact they all wear 5 inch heels I was also the smallest person out (and at 5'9" thats never the case!) So all in all, not a great night for your self esteem I can tell you! Never mind, maybe I'll be able to wear heels when I am not trying to balance 19 stone plus on the balls of my feet!

Exercise has been going ok - started walking a lot more which I think I needed to do. Powerplate is still going strong and I lost another pound this week. I also managed to get into a pair of jeans that I could get past my knees when I bought them, not saying they are comfy, but they are on! Not bad really.

Hopefully this weekend won't be too challenging. Am out tonight with the girls and I really feel like I want to drink as I have had a bit of a shitty week, but I am not going to stress overly about everything that passes my lips. I am starting to realise that losing weight does not equal putting your life on hold. I am in this for the long haul this time. I hope!

Miracle

Well somehow I managed to lose another 2 pounds this week. I am really not sure how to be honest! Exercise has been going well, but the eating has slipped a bit. I know I am still nowhere near as bad as I was, but everytime I eat something thats not salad I feel like I have totally messed up. Really need to get out of this mentality!

So thats 17 pounds gone now - or 5.8% of my original body weight. That sounds pretty good to me :o)

Have been working lates for the past 4 days so I just want to eat out of boredom! Shift work sucks.

Anyway, I am off home at the weekend so lets hope I don't go mad... I love the fish and chip shops when i go home... I am going to need some will power I reckon. Think the dog may be well walked at the weekend.

Right, am rambling now. Back to work.

Yorkshire puddings

Oh how I love them.... I blame my northern roots. Last night I opened a packet that good old Aunt Bessie had lovingly already prepared. I had allowed myself 3 with my dinner - at 2.5 WW points thats not bad. Unfortunately while waiting for the rest of my dinner to cook, the 3 had disappeared. Straight into my big fat belly!

So another 3 i thought - still had loads of points left and no potatoes with my dinner. I can manage that. I overestimate my willpower when it comes to saying no to the Pud. 9 yorkshire puddings later and I still wasn't over my points but what a disasterous way to spend them. I'd love to say I am off yorkshire puddings for life, but I had the last 3 today with my lunch and I still enjoyed every blinking mouthful. Goddam Aunt Bessie!

On a brighter note I lost another pound. Not been the best week from an exercise point of view. I worked at the weekend and when I wasn't working I was sleeping or eating out. I feel a little bit stuck at the moment, I know I need to walk more - and I have been trying, but working shifts really messes up my routine. I am also craving rubbish food, but am trying to find healthier alternatives to satisfy. Excuses over. I am really just a lazy cow!

I have now lost 15 pounds which is pretty good going so I guess I just need to stop beating myself up and accept that I am not going to lose half a stone each week. As a reward I bought myself a new handbag.... mulberry (ooops) which I cannot afford! Less money may mean less food though so thats gotta be a good thing

9 inches and Jamie Oliver

gone in total... thats not bad at all I guess. Just wish I could see the bloody difference! I thought it was 6.5 inches but forgot I have 2 arms, thighs and calves! I worry myself sometimes!

Sat here watching Jamie Oliver... the man is obsessed with Olive oil! I think I am putting on weight just watching him cook. Good job I am not hungry (slow cooker rocks!) or i'd be pouring myself a pint of oil about now.

1 stone gone

Woohooo.. no idea how but I managed another 3 pounds off last Friday to take me to my first stone. Bit concerned some of that may have gone back on over the weekend with a few too many glasses of wine... I guess I will find out tomorrow!

Over the weekend I tried really hard not to eat a shed load of crap. Had some fish and chips which I shared with a friend - and we had a small portion. Once upon a time I would have polished off a large portion to myself. Thats gotta be progress?!

Last night I met up with the girls I used to work with in a Slug and Lettuce bar. Stupidly I left myself with 5 points for the night (blame M&S sultana scotch pancakes - lush!) I opted for a fish cake salad - had to scrape about 10 tablespoons of mayo off it but I think it was reasonably healthy. Everyone else pretty much had a massive burger with bacon and cheese and chips so I guess I did ok... but then again they are all skinny so and so's! Shared a bottle of wine with my friend Suzy - another big improvement on the former me who'd have polished off a couple of bottles no bother!

Been trying to keep up with the walking - don't always find it that easy to motivate myself to do it - especially when the weather is pants like it is at the moment. All too easy to jump on the bus. Did the walk to Olympia tonight and it took me about 30 mins - when yoyu finish work at 4pm there is no excuse to be a lazy cow... must drum this into myself.

I have the pleasure of working all weekend so I really need to be prepared food wise. All too easy to eat crap from the canteen otherwise. Did that on Monday and ended up with a very dodgy stomach! Although that could well have helped me shift a few pounds

Sitting here tonight I feel like a right fat blob. Been really good points wise so I am not sure whats going on with me. I think I need to re measure myself to see if there are any inches gone. A stone off is a good achievement but still a bloody long way to go.

Oh well, hopefully my raging insomnia will abate tonight and I might feel a bit more positve tomorrow.

Losing my way..

Well, this week I haven't been feeling as positive as I had. Not really sure why, perhaps TOTM had an impact but I wasn't feeling the best about myself and very over emotional about the smallest of things. Anyway, I struggled a little with my eating - especially over the weekend when I ate out a couple of times (unexpectedly) and had a few glasses of Vino!

Did Powerplate on Saturday after I finished work and found it quite hard due to the alcohol in my system... That's what Simon (my trainer) blamed anyway!! I managed to make up my points on Sunday and Monday to try and get back on track. Other than 3 powerplate classes, the exercise hasn't been very good at all. I really need to get my walking increased.

Went to Powerplate last night and I am being forced into taking part in the Pink Power Walk for Caron Keating. Its blinking 13 miles??! I have no idea how I am going to manage that at the moment. I am not sure I will even manage a mile. So... when I am not on shift at work (8am starts are a struggle on the best of days) I am going to walk in from Olympia. According to the AA site, thats 1.9 miles... although thats driving it, so walking may be a bit less. Need to get my trainers on of a morning so I have no excuses.

On a brighter note, lost another 4 pounds. Not sure how the hell that happened, but I must be doing something ok! So thats 11 down in 5 weeks. I am well chuffed.

My jeans feel a bit looser today, so lets hope they don't fall down to reveal my rather large ass to the office.

Slow cooker is on this morning so I have my dinner ready when I get home from another powerplate class. I am quite enjoying this domestic goddess business.

Onwards and downwards.

Pancakes and no dancing!

Had been gutted last week thinking I would have to miss Jive class on Wednesday due to working the stupid late shift (2-10) but was over the moon when someone in my team actually asked if i would swap!

Emailed the girls and we agreed to meet at 7pm to get to the class... popped into town first to find out about the Boots Weight Loss programme which involves Xenical - not sure whether its a good idea but something I may well consider if the weight loss slows down... Anyway, I digress!

Needless to say the dancing didn't happen, 2 of my friends came down ill and I was too scaredy cat to go on my own. Felt really annoyed at myself, but I am not confident enough yet to do that sort of stuff on my own. I power walked home - which was only 15 mins of exercise as opposed to the 2 hours I had planned. Grrrr...

On the plus side I managed to cook a really tasty low point dinner - stir fry (which normally bores the pants off me) and a M&S Southern style Chicken fillet - kind of like KFC without the masses of fat. Yay to me.

Last night I went to a pancake restaurant for dinner (after powerplate class) and was really pleased with myself. I managed to avoid my 2 favourite starters (deep fried brie or black pudding) and opted for a tomato and herb salad. For main course I had a pancake with ham, egg, cheese, mushrooms, onions and tomatoes. Removed most of the cheese so I only had a little taste of it and for dessert had a pancake with lemon juice and asked for no sugar. Halo polish is well and truly required. Feel like its a bit of a breakthrough for me, I love my food and always tend to gorge myself when I go for dinner, but i can honestly say I really enjoyed my meal and all for only 12 points.

Lets hope it continues... :o)

Another 2 off

Well I wasn't too convinced I would lose anything this week as I ate out Friday and Saturday and had a fair bit of alcohol too. Went to Powerplate on Monday night and was almost begging my instructor to weigh me on Weds instead thinking that would give me a few extra days to make it up... when he wasn't looking I jumped on the scales to see how bad it was and I was 2 pounds down! So obviously I had a sudden change of heart and decided he could weigh me then :o)

Yesterday I had a pretty bad day diet wise and did no exercise. Felt so hungry all day and tried to make healthy choices but on my way home I gave into temptation and had a sausage roll. It wasn't even all that nice! Then I went to a friends house for pancakes and I can safely say I didn't make any healthy choices at all. Oh well. Today is another day. Feeling back on track and I have Jive class tonight so that should assist. Powerplate again tomorrow and then I need to try and get as active as I can over the weekend - even though I have to work both Saturday and Sunday.

Fingers crossed. Half a stone gone - only another 8 to go! :o)

Week 3

Well, week 3 seemed to go pretty well from an exercise point of view. Managed to do 3 powerplate classes, Jive and a couple of walks. My parents came to stay for the weekend so I was a bit worried about food, but I decided just to be a bit more careful than usual and not stress too much. Anyway, it must've paid off as I managed to lose 3 poinds! Onwards and downwards!

This weekend has been a bit testing as I was out Friday and Saturday for dinner and haven't managed to do much exercise plus I've had a fair few drinks! My powerplate trainer has already warned me to dig in or he will make my life hell! Ouch....

24/01/2008 04:59

Jive

In a bid to get myself more active, myself and a couple of friends went along to a jive class last night. Blimey it was hard work! But it was a really good laugh and I will definitely be going again. We ended up dancing for close to 1.5 hours so thats gotta go down well with my trainer (oh and I walked to the class instead of public transport - well done me!)

Strictly come dancing, here I com


24/01/2008 04:57

2nd WI

On Tuesday I had another Powerplate class and my second weigh in. I was sure it was going to be another loss, what with me exercising more and sticking to my points as much as possible... was blooming gutted to discover I was 2 pounds heavier! Still, its a marathon and not a sprint and I am still 2 pounds lighter than I was 2 weeks ago. That's got to be a good thing.

My trainer has decided I am too inactive when I am not exercising so tonight he is giving me a pedometer. He wants me to try and walk for at least 30 mins a day. I am going to try and get off the train a stop earlier every night (although if its peeing down I can pretty much guarantee thats not gonna happen!) Lets see if that helps.

21/01/2008 15:29

2 Weeks in

Ok, so here we are again. New Year, New me... except every year, the new me is at least a stone heavier than last year! This time I have realised I need a new approach. Instead of going on a diet and exercising my butt off til I lose interest, I have decided to change my outlook.

I managed to avoid the scales for 18 months and had a worst case scenario in my head, so it was a bit of a shock to discover I was nearly a stone heavier than that! To also realise that to be considered a healthy weight, I need to lose the equivalent of my best mate in weight is an absolute shocker!

So, time to change what I eat. I am not telling myself I am on a diet or I start to obsess about everything that passes my lips. This time I am loosely following Weight Watchers, but letting myself go over points every now and then. If I fancy a packet of crisps then I will have them, but a lower fat version.

And so to exercise.... a friend of mine told me about poweplate classes. Sounds brilliant - I turned up fully expecting just to stand on a vibrating machine for 25 minutes and loose a few pounds. How wrong can you be?? Its very hard work! The day after my first class I had to crawl up the stairs on my hands and knees... not ideal when you live in a top floor flat.

So after 2 classes and a week of eating more healthily, I am 4 pounds down

Next powerplate class is tomorrow and my second weigh in. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment!