Well it makes for poor reading since nothing of interest has happened the past two days, but it helps me stay focussed if I ramble so apologies :)
Wednesday's spinning class was really hard, we ended up right at the front of the class which meant I couldn't slack as much as I normally do! I was a lovely shade of beetroot by the end, I even had shakey legs during some of the songs so I must have been working hard. We didn't make it to the pub for tea on account of us 'HAVING' to watch the football so we ate at the gym. I went for Stir fried noodles with chicken and sweet chilli sauce, had a bit of a huff when Matt ordered the triple decker club sandwich with curly fries... am sure was just trying to torture me. Still, my dinner was nice enough, not quite the steak and chips I had planned but hey ho, I saved 4 points as well.
Yesterday work was a nightmare, everything went belly up and I ended up heading home at 5pm to work from there. I was really looking forward to dinner, pork chop, roasted BNS, veg, yorkie puds and gravy, but I ended up eating it whilst on a conference call and trying to bring a stupid server back up. I'd finished my dinner without even tasting a mouthful so I spent the rest of the night feeling strangely lacking - I was full, but I wanted something else. I didn't cave in, but I 've learnt I need to concentrate on what I am eating otherwise I might as well eat sawdust.
Popped to Morrisons yesterday to stock up on Bulmers Light since its only £1 a bottle. Matt's Bro is down for the weekend so that means a lot of alcohol will be consumed. We're having curry tonight, having a bit of a trauma trying to plan today to make sure I don't blow it later. I think I will have Chicken Shaslick for 4.5 with Saag Aloo for 6. That should keep me happy.
My padded shorts have also arrived. I ordered XXXL - there is nothing like a bit of European sizing to make you feel pretty inadequate! I reckon they are a size 18 at the most, I can get them on - just, but they are skin tight! Luckily I'll be wearing them underneath my normal gym pants so I won't offend too many people. That should protect my nether regions later on. I really want to duck out of spinning tonight but I keep thinking the weekend will be one of excess so I need to get off to a good start at least.
Right, I am boring myself now so heaven knows what I am doing to you!
TTFN
x
You know what? I quite like the posts where there's not a lot going and it's just normal life! I'm with you on the eating and not tasting thing. I read something the other day where one blogger recommended putting your food down (if finger food), or knife and fork down between every mouthful to force you to stop and taste things, and I think it really works. Bad you, eating on a conference call though - where's the satisfaction in that??? lol
ReplyDeleteIf you ramble on when nothing much happens, that means the rest of us can too. ;) I don't get bored reading rambly posts at all. Hope you're having a better day at work. Good on you for planning ahead. Enjoy your weekend.
ReplyDelete