Thursday, 4 June 2009

Wardrobe Malfunction

OMG, it could have been so much worse! I was wearing a pair of linen trousers yesterday (was told we were meeting customers so I had to be smart!) and I was pleasantly surprised to see that they were actually baggy on me - as opposed to last time I wore them when they were somewhat restrictive.... Anyway, last night I met Matt in the pub after work for a couple of Lime and Sodas and we decided to have our Wednesday Chinese.

Much umming and aaahing ensued given that Matt is now a point watcher and was trying to weigh up the benefits of 2 pints of strong lager against Sweet and Sour ChickenBalls... Anyway, I digress.... After collecting said Chinese and getting back into his car, I sort of shuffled my non too tiny derriere to get properly into the seat..... and the whole bum of my trousers ripped - and I mean the whole lot from the waistband at the back to somewhere under my nether regions!

Good lord, It could have been an absolute disaster had I performed the same shuffle in my chair at work! I would have had to sit down all day until everyone had left the building. Fortunately when we got home I was able to shimmy (no mean feat at my size) into the flat without any of the neighbours getting an eyeful!

Needless to say, I am back in my jeans today. I feel somewhat safer.

I'm out tonight with some of my old work colleagues so I have 15 points for dinner - I'm driving so no booze will pass my lips and am hoping I can be relatively good.

Didn't go spinning last night as the class was full when I tried to book - however my mate now tells me that there were loads of places as people didn't turn up. VERY ANNOYING! My exercise this week is going to be pretty pants.

Ah well, I'll just have to be as saintly as I can the rest of the time. Fingers crossed.

3 comments:

  1. Ohmigod! hee hee! That could have been a big embarrassment, thank god you were in the car! Never mind, at least you can go shopping for a new pair now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't want those trousers any more anyway, did you? LOL Btw jeans are no safer - when they get baggy, they fall down. I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This happened to me once - except I actually was at work and had to wait until lunchtime so I could don my (thankfully) long winter coat and go and get some new ones!

    I hate when that happens at spin - I just rock up to the gym anyway these days because there's usually a good chance I can get in even if I haven't booked during the summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!