Friday, 29 January 2010

Hunger

Eating is going fairly well this week. Dinner on Wednesday was lovely, Parsnip Soup and then Steak and Frites. I did leave most of the chips as I just wasn't hungry - a slightly bizarre feeling for me. Yesterday I struggled a bit with feeling hungry all day, but as I was out for dinner last night I had to stay strong. What was most unhelpful was the numerous boxes of doughnuts on the desk behind me, I had to practically run past them every time I went for a cuppa in case I inhaled one without realising. A very helpful colleague ate 5 of them though so that was very kind of him. I'd love to call him a fat porker but there's not an ounce on him. How unfair.

I went out for a wander during lunch to try and forget how hungry I was feeling - however the high street from my office goes something like this:

Leave office, immediately walk past all you can eat Chinese Buffet Restaurant. Smell of chinese is overwhelming and makes ones mouth water. Continue a little further and walk past Greggs, smell of pasties is overwhelming and makes ones mouth water. Walk another 30 seconds and pass Burger King, smell of Burgers is overwhelming and makes ones mouth water. Walk another minute and pass a Fish and Chip shop - well you get the idea.... It's like a walk of torture every lunchtime.

Fortunately I managed to resist all this devil food and console myself with a 2 point bag of Hula Hoops. I drank so much blooming water yesterday in an attempt to fill myself up, I spent the rest of the afternoon walking back and forth to the loo. Exercise of sorts I guess.

Todat I've woken up feeling rubbish - almost like I am hungover but I am still off the booze. My head hurts and I ache and just generally feel bleurgh. I am resolutely refusing to believe I am coming down with the dreaded man flu that my entire office is suffering from, but I am going to have a fairly early night and dose up on the Vitamin C in an attempt to stave off any dreaded germs. I am still planning to go spinning after a little snooze... is that perhaps dangerous??

Tomorrow we're off to London again for afternoon tea and then to see Cirque Du Soleils Varekai at the Royal Albert Hall. I almost feel cultured.

Have a good weekend one and all!

6 comments:

  1. Reading your post has just made my mouth water too. I don't know how you manage to walk past all those temptations every day. Torture!!
    Have a fantastic weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on resisting all of the food on your walk. It is so hard when the smells are wafting all around you. Today, I had to resist pizza. It is a Friday regular at the school I work at. I ended up eating in the car so I wouldn't be sitting there looking at it and smelling it. Too much temptation!

    Have fun at Cirque Du Soleils! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh god - that made me laugh!! I have hungry days as well (and occasionally non-hungry days too, but somehow I manage soldier through those and ignore them - funny isn't it???) - I guess we just have to decide how much we want the end result. I have to say that having my whole day planned out in advance has really helped me though, because I know waht my next meal is and when and what snacks I've got allocated and it really helps me not panic so much.

    I'm very jealous of you seeing Cirque du Soleil - I've always wanted to see that as it always looks so amazing when they're on tv!!! And afternoon tea maybe my favourite meal ever!! Damn my sweet tooth! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're enjoying Cirque du Soleil even as I type. I saw last year's show and it was awesome. Maybe you'll be inspired to come home and try out a few of the acrobatic moves? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cirque du Soleil... how nice that you get to see this show... On my list of some days. I know what you mean about being hungry. Good for you for going for a walk and you should great restraint passing by all those restaurants.

    I wish I could just turn off hunger. I've bee telling myself hunger is not an emergency and that I'm not going to starve by waiting... I'm getting better but it's always there in the back of my mind... what am I going to eat, whem am I going to eat, how much am I going to eat... ok, sorry about that...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done you for not succumbing to the temptations - and still off the alcohol - how good it that! That'll be me after tomorrow. Hope it's not the dreaded manflu!! Zxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!