Friday, I set off for Spinning with all the enthusiasm of a dead fish - I'd worked from home so I left reasonably early to make sure I got there in time. Now, bear in mind the gym is about 4 miles from home and the class starts at 1815, so if I leave at 1715, I should make it in time?? No chance, Friday night traffic is a bloody nightmare. I sat still in a complete and utter jam for 45 minutes, about 1 mile from home. This obviously led to an extremely big huff on my part and me eventually turning around to go home.
Clearly I could have decided to carry on to the gym and do something else instead, or perhaps head home and do a bit of Wii Fit, but I thought the best option was to go to the pub and attempt to get back on the alcohol. Healthy or what?? Fortunately I only managed 2 vodka's before I felt I'd had enough - so that's progress of sorts. We ended up in the Indian restuarant opposite the pub, but we'd been planning a takeaway so I had plenty of points available and I really didn't eat that much (by my standards anyway).
Saturday we got up and walked to the train station to head into London for afternoon tea. Unfortunately the trains had other plans and were all cancelled or delayed due to a fatality on the line in the Ealing area. One of those things I guess, but it meant we had no chance of making it to London in time for our afternoon tea reservation so we improvised and went to a lovely restaurant in Reading for lunch instead. I had planned to be good, but erm, I wasn't. Fishcake with leaks and a cream mustard sauce for starter, Liver and Bacon with Colcannon for main and then... sticky toffee pudding with clotted cream. Completely and utterly to die for. We also managed a few glasses of Sancerre and an Amaretto to finish. I guess that was my days points all gone? I've not even attempted to work it out, but it was lovely so it has to have been bad.
We eventually made it to the Royal Albert Hall around 6pm (having spent about an hour walking the wrong way - don't ever ask me for directions!) so had a couple of drinks in the bar before the show. This is my 5th Cirque Du Soliel show and each time it never fails to amaze me how brilliant these people are. Completely and utterly wonderful. I have to confess to grabbing a McDonalds Cheeseburger at Paddington station on the way home. Not the best day points wise all round?!
Yesterday I fared slightly better, we watched the tennis in bed with toast and a cuppa and then off to the gym for a swim. I was a bit worried that my card wouldn't work as I've not been forever, but fortunately my lack of attendance was forgiven and in we went. I swam about 20 lengths - which I found fairly hard work and then me and Matt had running races up and down the pool. That is fairly funny, but much hard work and I was soooo out of breath after about 6 lengths running up and down. We followed this with a little bit of steam room and jacuzzi action and then a skinny latte in the cafe and it was a fairly pleasant way to spend a Sunday.
I'd popped some pork in the Slow cooker before we left so that was dinner sorted once we got back with loads of veggies and a little spoonful of mash. I was stuffed after that so didn't feel the need for Dinner. Fairly good going for me!
We then heard that Matt's brother had fallen over on the ice and had been rushed to hospital. Turns out he has broken his leg in 4 places and also his wrist. Not good given he lives on his own, Matt is obviously fairly worried about him so I think we're going to head up to the Midlands at the weekend to see him. There is also a chance we may have him come and stay with us for a while until he can fend for himself a bit better, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it I guess. Not such a happy end to the day.
Today is planned, Porridge for breakfast, Tuna Salad for lunch with a WW Yoghurt and then tonight I am at a friends for dinner and she's doing a WW Coq au Vin. Hoepfully I'll come in fairly under points to make up for the weekends indiscretions.
I'm still hopeful despite Saturday that I can lose a pound or so this week, but if not, so be it. This journey is not an overly quick one for me, but I will get there in the end.
Quite a mixed weekend then? I'm glad the trains were sorted in time for you to get to Cirque du Soleil.
ReplyDeleteI've come to the conclusion that whatever time you think it should take to lose whatever weight you need to lose, you should double it - and then add 50%. At least. You're right, though, it's an amble, not a race, and we'll reach our goals in the end.
Ouch - sorry to hear about Matt's brother - that sounds pretty damn painful!!!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Jaframity on the timetable front - some people just seem to be able to say "I'm losing weight" and then shed 2lbs a week like clockwork, but for the rest of us (dare I say it, those of us with a social life?) it takes time and hiccups to get there. Still, as long as we're trying to get there and don't stop trying, we should keep making progress! x