I was due at WI yesterday, but thanks to the great British weather, I ended up with a 36 hour journey home from Tenerife and only managed to get back to the flat at 3:30am this morning having left the villa in Tenerife on Tuesday afternoon. Bang goes my feeling of relaxation! We took off from Tenerife but couldn't land in Gatwick so ended up in Paris. 22 hours later we left Paris, spent 3 hours sitting on the runway at Gatwick once we landed and then had to dig the car out of the car park. Still I am home now! I've had 6 hours sleep in the last 48 hours so I am not exactly feeling the greatest, but I am just happy to be home and not planning to move too far for the next few days!
I've managed to get a few supplies in as I am working from home (my car is going nowhere!) but the shops are very bare and short of sledging my way into town, it's a struggle to carry much home. I just had a right workout trying to get up here with 2 bags of shopping!

So, I won't find out until next Wednesday how much damage I did while I was away on a diet that consisted of bread, cheese, meat and wine but I can hopefully shift a few pounds if I am good until then. Fingers crossed :)
Hiya Linz. I bet you had a wonderful time away. Bugger about the return journey though. Good to see you back. Happy New Year x
ReplyDeleteNice to have you back home safely. Happy new year to you too. Wow new year in Tenerife sounds awesome...hope you had a great time x x
ReplyDeleteHooray - good to have you back and glad you had a fab New Year - that's rubbish about the journey back though :O(
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't worry too much about the aftermath, as I think we're all in the same boat at the moment - only thing to do is grin and bear it and hop straight back to it!
What a welcome home eh! Glad you enjoyed your holiday hun.
ReplyDeleteNice to know you're getting back on the wagon and feeling positive about the new year. xox
Sometimes we just need to takes ome time and have fun, which you did. Now you can get back on track. I had too much fun over the holidays and am working off that extra 4 pounds that I put on!
ReplyDeleteUgh, what a crap journey home you had! Welcome back though. I'm sure you'll be able to get right back into WW after you've had some rest.
ReplyDeleteA belated Happy New Year to you.
Welcome home!! And a happy new year! :o)
ReplyDeleteWelcome back Lynz, sounds like you had a great time, shame about the return home tho, we've had snow in Aberdeen for 3wks, getting sick of it now!! Have a lovely relaxing weekend n don't sweat about the weigh in, xx
ReplyDelete