Monday, 27 September 2010

Almost there

Its's not shaping up to be a bad week on the food front. Fingers crossed those bloody scales reward me accordingly tomorrow.

I've had another fairly stress filled day at work - which started at 0645am this morning. There is something quite satisfying about being in a totally deserted office at that time of the day, you get a heck of a lot done. Am I odd?

Anyway, after an hour and a half of web meetings, I could finally get my breakfast down my very hungry neck.

A slice of toasted Rye Sourdough with Gooseberry and Sloe Gin Jam and a bit of Lurpak (4).


Being busy at work definitely has it's advantages as I don't have time to think about food. Normally at 12pm I am off for lunch immediately, but before I realised it today it was 130pm and I'd not even thought about food. Unheard of.

Lunch today was some of my new Israeli Cous Cous which I cooked in a bit of stock, served with Watercress, Spinach, Tomatoes, Red Onion, Mint, King Prawns, Lemon Juice and a drizzle of Tahini - all of this little lot for 2 points!

I really enjoyed this - am loving this big fat cous cous.

Mid afternoon I had a delivery at work - I saw a tweet from the gorgeous Jag the other day about a special offer on Maxitone Sculptress Bars - £5 instead of £25.99 for a box of 12 of them. I've heard a lot about Protein bars and the benefits of a protein rich diet and I've fancied trying these for a while. Obviously at a fiver, I couldn't resist.



From the website:

"Each bar contains fibre to keep hunger at bay and 20g of whey protein to help your muscle tone repair and recover from exercise as well as CLA, green tea and guarana to support weight loss."

They work out at 3.5 points each, so I probably won't have them all of the time - but they seem like a good bet for an afternoon snack when I am starting to feel a bit peckish. Very tasty too and I'm not sure if I imagined it, but I felt full for a good few hours afterwards. I am a marketing person's dream I am sure, I fall for everything :)

Dinner was my own version of Carbonara - Pasta cooked with Bacon, Onions, Egg and Cheese. 8.5 points.


I've loads of points still left, so I might treat myself to a bit of chocolate with a cuppa later.

Hopefully tomorrow I will be doing a happy dance and reporting a loss on the scales. Expect Mrs. Grumpy if not.

5 comments:

  1. I love the look of your carbonara... might have to try that one myself. Good luck for tomorrow. You deserve a good result! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gooseberry and sloe gin jam? Is that home made? It sounds amazing!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That carbonara looks just yummy!

    Thanks for info on Actifry - yes please, let me know if you ever spot one for that price again as I'd definitely be up for it.

    Px

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck for WI, Linz - hope it's positive!

    (And yes, that carbonara looked lovely - I'd just eaten my dinner when I read this last night, so even totally full, I was looking going "yum"!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!