Friday, 24 September 2010

Day 3 - partially....

I was up bright and early as planned to do my 3 mile walk in the rain (joyous). I was delighted (ok, that's perhaps a bit OTT), happy, to see my Abel & Cole Salad Box had been delivered along with some Organic Red Pepper Houmous and a Loaf of Sourdough Rye bread before I left the house. I used to get these delivered when I was living on my own and it was a brilliant way to make sure I always had something healthy in, so it's been resurrected in the Linz & Matt household.

So today we received the below - Spinach, Watercress, Tomatoes, Salad Potatoes, Mushrooms, Red Onions and Beetroot. I am fairly happy with that. I am going to switch to a normal Veg box once the weather gets worse and Salad is no longer floating my boat, but this should see us over the weekend and early next week.

Anyway, I did the walk in about 40 mins. I walked a bit faster than expected due to the drizzle - not overly pleasant in the dark. I found it all a bit harder than the last time I did this loop since I've been actively avoiding activity for weeks.

Breakfast this morning was Blueberries and Raspberries with a dollop of 0% Total Greek Yoghurt and a slice of toast with Crunchy Peanut Butter. 3.5 points in total. Very filling. The berries look a bit of a mush as I cleverly dropped the tupperware on exiting the car this morning. Fortunately no spillage occurred... just a bit of fruit mashing.

Lunch was the Lasagne I should have had yesterday, which I managed to totally cremate in the Microwave - I almost had to scrape the remnants from the Microwave door - tasty. Plus a bottle of Skinny Water - which doesn't appear to be making me Skinny. I may complain. I didn't quite have a full portion of the Lasagne as Matt ever so kindly snaffled some before I packed it in (yet more of) my trusty tupperware - greedy pig. Probably around 5.5 points here... maybe 6.


Mid afternoon I was unable to resist the temptations of the food table at work and had a couple of mini bites with my cuppa. 1 flapjack and 1 chocolate crispy. Bad times. 3 points perhaps?

A mere mouthful these things are. Not really worth it - I could have had shortbread for those points - and that really is worth it.

I am off out tonight with my friend Laura, who I used to work with, for dinner and drinks so I am not sure what that will entail. My plan is to have something light - I've got some 0 point soup at home which I may have before I go out - just to take the edge off...

Tomorrow I have a boozy lunch planned with my friends Sarah and Caroline.. both of whom are Mum's so are very much looking forward to a child free catch up over some wine. I'll have a light breakfast in the morning in preparation. Anyway, since I am on this healthy(ish) eating roll, I shall be posting photos of course. Matt is off up to the Midlands tonight and back sometime tomorrow, so I think we'll probably just stay in on Saturday night and watch a film or the X-Factor (so I can cry) and perhaps have a take-away if my points allow... or I'll attempt to make a healthy version.

I'll try not to consume too much Vodka tonight. You'll know about it tomorrow if I did.

Have a good weekend people - and hello to my new followers, I hope you don't mind my sometimes inane ramblings :)

3 comments:

  1. i keep forgetting about abel and cole, it makes me joyous to get a box from them!! Especially when blood oranges are in stock!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your food always looks sooooo good! Have a fab weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your weekend (and the wine and vodka!!) Zxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!