Wednesday, 29 September 2010

Mental Mother in Laws

I've given myself a talking to and come to the realisation that any kind of loss should be applauded. It's taken me 34 years to get this fat, so I'm not going to wake up a slinky malinkey, now am I? I'm most definitely the tortoise in this weight loss race. So, less of the frowning today, I'm back on this never ending quest to be a little bit less of a porker (after a small encounter with a kebab last night, but we'll gloss over that).

I resorted to wine last night in the name of stress relief. My dear 'almost' mother in law has resorted to pretty much calling me a liar - which is nice. Picture the scene - Monday night I'm in the midst of a phone call (the important one which I mentioned earlier, which I probably won't mention again in case anyone from work has found me - you get me? It went well anyway) and I hear my call waiting beeping in my ear.

Once my call has finished, I check my phone and I have a missed call from Matt's mother. Now - she NEVER calls me, so I suspect it's possibly a mistake - but as I am also a drama queen, I immediately also imagine the worst and convince myself that Matt is lying in a ditch somewhere and as his next of kin - she's calling to tell me the bad news.

Did I mention I am a nutcase? Anyway, I call Matt, he doesn't answer. I worry, he calls me back and all is ok. So I text his Mom, asking if she's ok since she called me - and Matt calls her just to check she is in fact ok and she's not the one in the ditch.

Cue mass hysteria. She couldn't have possibly called me since she was at the hospital (this is not something to worry about - she is at the hospital daily for one reason or another) and she doesn't have my number - so I must be making it up. She then calls Matt's brother - who calls Matt and again says his mother couldn't have possibly called me since she doesn't have my number and I must be mistaken. She must be one very freaky person to be able to randomly dial 11 digits and get through to someone she knows...

Excuse me people - is this some sort of mass over reaction or what??

A. She did call me - which I can prove, obviously inadvertently, from her handbag and
B. I actually don't care, as long as everyone is alive and well.

So, basically, I am a trouble maker and fabricating phone calls. Surely, I'd pick someone like Brad Pitt if I was going to lie about such things. Matt finds it all hilarious, I quite frankly find it all a bit disturbing.

Anyway, rant over for now.

Back to the matter in hand. I had forgotten I was no longer doing the photo food diary so here are a couple of snaps of my food so far today - just because I've taken them (and my food actually looks really healthy, so I feel the need to show off)

Breakfast was Ready Brek (this stuff is bad - it's like dust) with Stewed Apples, Raspberries and Blueberries all warmed up and jam like on my wallpaper paste porridge - 2.5 points and you feel full forever. I urge you to try it.


Last night (post kebab - obviously felt guilty) I whipped up some Watercress and Spinach Soup with the remnants of my Salad Box offerings. Simple - Onion, dry fried, chuck in some stock and a chopped up potato, boil until tattie is soft, chuck in spinach and watercress, boil a little bit more. Blend, Serve, Eat. 0.5 points per serving. Very tasty and surely health giving with all that greeness??

This was served with a toasted Cheese, Pesto and Tomato Sarnie for an extra 4.5 points:

I need to learn not to eat green soup when my top contains areas of white material - as you can guarantee I will slop aforementioned soup on the white bits of the top. A classy look - I look like I have some sort of snot related issue. Nice!

Right, well I think that's me for now. I'm sure I'll be back soon with other exciting tales from Linzerello Land.

3 comments:

  1. Seriously I thought I was the only person who liked toasted cheese sandwiches with soup! So looking forward to my pea and mint later, yummyyy.

    and love the revelation and so very true

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! i laughed, i got angry, i thought 'damn this lady with the healthy food'!haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh - toasties!!! I haven't had one of those for aaaaaages - that's a good idea!

    Grrrrr to random family members, however, I'm sure Matt and his brother know what she's like so I wouldn't dwell on it.

    Liking the attitude and liking the healthy food. Glad the "important" phonecall went well :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!