- People presuming I am stupid because I am blonde and female and I have boobs
- People unable to clarify exactly what they are asking for
- Lack of swim etiquette
Rant 1
Ok so I work in a team of men, I work in a fairly technical role and obviously I don't look like your average IT geek. However, I am good at my job and I am not stupid and I can read instructions. Please don't presume that if something has gone wrong "Lindsey has messed something up". Grrrrrrrrr. 3 times today I have been asked to do something by various people that hasn't worked out how they expected it would. In every instance an email was sent saying something along the lines of "I think Lindsey forgot to execute the script" or "I think Lindsey has installed this code incorrectly". Well actually fellas - in every instance you were the ones who cocked up!!! Not me. So please gents, please don't just presume that the girl is always the weakest link. Harumph.
Rant 2
I had a request to do something today and it literally made no sense. So I asked for clarification with a number of questions which would have clarified the situation for me. What did I get in response - a cut and paste of the original non-sensical request. FFS - if it made no sense the first time, how the hell will repeating the exact same thing to me help?? I don't have time to try and decipher what it is you want me to do so just flipping well tell me in a language that makes sense to me!!
Rant 3
I thought a little swim after work would be lovely since the pool is outdoors and its a lovely night. I got there fairly early and the pool was pretty empty so I hopped in a lane and proceeded to swim up and down quite happily with the lane to myself. However, the pool soon got very busy and at one point there were 9 of us - yes 9, trying to swim in the same lane. Come on people - I know we all have the right to swim - but surely a bit of common sense here wouldn't go amiss?? Its a lovely night, there are sun loungers by the pool so have a little sit down and wait for someone to get out maybe? We ended up with a massive swim jam - no one could actually swim a full length so what the heck was the point in that?? I was punched and kicked and splashed and in the end I gave up after 20 mins and sat in the jacuzzi. Harumph.
Right then, thats much better. The steam is no longer coming out of my ears. I am famished so I had better go and make myself some healthy treats.
TTFN
aww honey. I hope you feel better letting it all out! Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
ReplyDeleteGrrrrr to all of the above points! Sounds like you've had one of those truly irritating days, but on the upside, it was probably a month's quota worth of irritation all in one go, so in theory it's plain sailing from here ... :O)
ReplyDeleteSometimes a rant is the only way - back to normal today and much happier :) Here's hoping its plain sailing from here on in!
ReplyDelete