Thursday, 2 July 2009

Freezer malfunction

What does one do when a fully stocked freezer decides to defrost itself?? Not ideal given our flat is currently doubling up as a sauna. Certainly ringing Comet for an engineer to come out is not the answer given their advice is to switch it off for 48hours. Excellent engineering advice, maybe that could be my next job. It's 8 months old for fecks sake, just come and fix it!!

So, I am currently cooking 12 light choices sausages, a bag of turkey nuggets and 8 Aunt Bessies Yorkshire Puddings.... Lunch could be interesting tomorrow. The fridge is now full of meat - and I mean full. We could be doing a lot of BBQing over the weekend. Matt is eating his way through his 3rd WW dessert of the evening and the rest has had to be binned. I can't say I was overly upset at getting rid of the mixed veg or the quorn mince... but heck its not ideal during the credit crunch.

My need to be good this week to get that pesky pound off is somewhat at odds with my desire not to waste all the food we have - I had half a pepperoni pizza for dinner (9 points of nothing too filling) and tomorrow will be interesting. In theory if I stay within my points then I've nothing to worry about. We shall see I guess.

Spinning tomorrow night which will be hard work since I've not been for 2 weeks. Hopefully I'll sweat out some of the water I seem to be retaining due to the heat - I seem to have become a human version of a camel, except my hump is front facing.

Toad in the hole for breakfast anyone?

1 comment:

  1. Aaaaah bugger. I hate it when that happens! I'm currently playing freezer surprise with ours in an attempt to clear out some of the stuff that's been sat in there for ages - I never quite know what I'm going to pull out next!

    BBQ-ing sounds like the way to go - just don't go overboard. Actually in this heat, cooking some stuff might be the way to go as it will last longer once it's cooked ...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!