Friday, 21 August 2009

80's camping and chinese

I managed to avoid my usual working from home traumas yesterday and saved myself 16 points for dinner - should have been more than enough to go out with my parents and have a nice healthy meal and a couple of vodkas. Except - the unanimous choice for dinner venue?? All you can eat Chinese. Great. This is one of those places where you order the dishes instead of going up to a buffet table so in theory, I could have been good. Wrong. I really didn't go overboard (i.e. 1 duck pancake instead of the 3 everyone else polished off) but it all adds up. Harumph.

Slightly disappointed that I am now heading into the weekend with a 9 point defecit. How on earth am I going to make that up given I am spending the weekend in a tent surrounded by fast food and booze? I guess I'll have to dance a lot to try and earn a few BPs?

So we're off the the Rewind Festival tonight. Having vowed at the age of 14 I would never go camping again (I remember we had to walk for 3 hours with a tent on our backs in the pissing down rain of the Lake District), I have no clue what I need to be packing for this weekends antics. Admittedly, I'm camping 5 miles from home so it's not the massive trauma I am making out. My friend goes camping a lot so she is in charge of the tent and all related items so all I need to sort out is myself.

So far I have managed to pack:

Baby Wipes
Dry Shampoo
Deodorant & Body Spray
Pack a mac
Wellies
PJ's
Socks and Pants
Ear plugs

Then I am stuck. Given we're at a festival, do I try and be a bit trendy or do I go down the sensible route? Surely it shouldn't be this hard!

I am going to be minging by the time we get back on Sunday night, bet Matt can't wait for my smelly return.

3 comments:

  1. I would say sod trendy and go down the comfortable route. :D Unless you have clothes that cover both.
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time, sounds like so much fun. Have a boogie for me!
    Lorr x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a fantastic time and boogie on down!! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!