Wednesday, 5 August 2009

Moaning

So as predicted, I didn't get to WI today thanks to a stupid meeting about absolutely nothing of any interest at all. I don't feel like I've had a particularly good week food wise but I am really feeling frustrated that I can't see if there has been any damage or if all of the exercise I have done this week has paid off.

On the positive side, I did go to the gym last night despite having no energy at all. However, that was more to do with the fact we are having a new boiler fitted and therefore have no hot water this morning so I needed a shower last night!! Although once I was there I did actually bother to do something and worked up a bit of a sweat. I also got weighed on the scales at the gym and they had me the same as WW - which I guess is good given I normally weigh in on a morning and bare foot, not an evening (after a cake binge) wearing trainers.

This morning got off to a bad start, I woke up at 5am and couldn't get back to sleep. I am stressing over my flat which needs a new tenant and nothing seems to be happening on that front. I still have tenant for a couple of months so its not so pressing, but I really wish someone else would just decide to take it off my hands for another year so I can then sell the blooming thing! Anyone want to rent a 2 bed flat in Surrey????

My journey to work almost finished me off as well. Picture the scene. 3 lanes of traffic at a roundabout with traffic lights. The left lane, just for turning left, The middle lane for turning left and going straight on, and the right hand lane, for going straight on and turning right. All of which is clearly marked on the road. So, I am sat in the middle lane as I do every morning to turn left. Traffic lights turn green and off I go - except the stupid old woman in the left hand lane decides she is going straight on..... No indication, no waiting for me to get where I am going, just ploughs on ahead completely oblivious to me and everyone else. I missed her by about an inch. The guy behind then nearly ploughed into the back of me considering he was also trying to turn left. The worst thing is, I beeped at her and screeched to a halt, but she still was none the wiser. I mean seriously, if you aren't aware of other road users then don't flipping well drive. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I think I have just about stopped shaking.

Phew, glad thats off my chest.

This week is looking a bit hectic on the social front - out tomorrow in London, Friends birthday on Saturday and then lunch on Sunday with other friends and another dinner out on Tuesday. I am going to have to try really hard to conserve points prior to that and try and do a bit of exercise where possible. Its never easy is it??

Right, another stupid meeting to go to. Not actually sure when I am supposed to fit some proper work in??!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you do fit work in do you - after all, all the senior people just go from meeting to meeting and leave the work to the minions lol.

    Just a couple of points saved a day will help with the weekend - I've got to put a few aside myself for Friday.

    And as for stupid, ignorant drivers. Ugh. They suck. I find a get waaaaaay more road rage as I get older! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, good point about work!

    My road rage is definitely horrendous these days. I'm like a woman possessed sometimes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!