Monday, 31 August 2009

Weekend excess again!

Why do I find it so hard to be in control when I am away from home - or is it just an excuse?? We went to Plymouth Friday night and Matt took me to Tanners restaurant (i.e. TV chef James Tanner) The food was blooming lovely. I didn't even try and make good choices - not that there were any to make, I just enjoyed every mouthful. Saturday we had fish and chips at the Barbican and then went to Matt's friends local pub - I did stick to Vodka and Slimline tonic which is one good thing I suppose. Saturday night saw a BBQ and a load of Kir Royales. Oh dear. Heartburn central on Saturday night = wake up call.

The good thing about eating too much on Friday and Saturday is that I couldn't eat much yesterday at all given the heartburn hell I found myself in. All I had was a delicious Sunday Lunch which probably wasn't overly points friendly, but I am doubting that was 27 points worth.

So today, I should be straight back on track. I got up early to get my ass to the gym - only to remember my car and my gym kit are currently 12 miles away at work. Doh. So no exercise but I will have a wander later on. We're meeting friends for lunch but I am going to stay off the booze and try and have something light.

The freezer has started on self defrost again so this week will see us eating our bodyweight in meat before we head off to the US. This time next week I will be in San Francisco!! Wooohoooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment!