Thursday, 6 August 2009

Diet Coke OD

I am buzzing this afternoon and I have just realised I have completely OD'd on Diet Coke. My mouth tastes blooming awful, like I've been sucking on bag of spanners or something. Gah. I have at most 3 cans per week normally, but I appear to have guzzled my way through 3 sodding cans of the stuff today. What's that all about? My brain just isn't in gear this week - a combination of too much work to do and not enough sleep.

Last night I didn't go to my usual spinning class since the new boiler had been installed and I couldn't wait to get home and clean the place (how sad does that sound??) I cannot believe how much mess one (admittedly rather fit) man can create. Matt didn't go out on Tuesday so he decided he would last night instead and left me to a shed load of mess. Cheers mate! I spent 2 hours refilling cupboards, cleaning working surfaces, hoovering and washing floors, painting walls and replumbing various kitchen appliances. I think I was sweating more than I would have been at spinning! How exciting my life is. I did end up eating some left over Chinese for dinner, but I had 18 points left by that point and there really wasn't very much left. Reckon thats 4 points banked for yesterday. Matt cleverly forgot his keys so that was me awake at midnight and then I had to listen to his drunken ramblings for the next 20 minutes followed by him snoring like a truffle pig thereafter. Remind me why men and women choose to cohabit??

Tonight I am meeting uni friends in London, I've not seen the boys for nearly 2 years which is an absolute shocker considering we all live fairly close. I guess these things happen when they find wives and produce offspring, sad all the same though. Should be a good one, but the email banter has started and alcohol seems to be featuring largely! I think we're off for dim sum as well so I should be able to make wise choices. I anticpate a large hangover tomorrow.

Went for lunch today with one of the girls from work - I avoided all my absolute favourites and had a plain toasted bagel instead. Not overly inspiring or tasty. I was trying not to drool over her mozzarella, bacon, chicken and pesto combination which looked flipping gorgeous. I had to restrain myself from licking her plate clean once she was done. Kidding of course, I have some manners :)

Not going home tonight so food tomorrow will all be bought, I hope I don't have any hangover demons telling me a bacon and egg sarnie and a KFC is the only cure. I'm not sure the stale box of fruit and fibre I have in my desk drawer will cut it really.

Right then, back to the grind.

3 comments:

  1. I blame you for the fact there is currently drool on my desk - mozzarella, chicken bacon AND pesto .... heaven, I tells ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you imagine the state of me sat opposite the thing?? Torture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read your blog and it really made me laugh! Thats cheered me up no end, thankyou!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!