Sunday, 2 August 2009

Weeked musings

I've had a weekend of doing very little, but I don't feel like I've been overly good. Friday's little snooze meant I didn't actually eat that much until dinner time - but then we did have pie and chips and mushy peas. I pointed it all and came in with points to spare, but I can't help but feel it will have an impact on my weight this week. I need to get out of the mindset that existing on Veg is the only to lose weight.

Yesterday I made it to the gym and actually felt quite up to it for once. I'd planned 30 mins of cardio and a bit of weights, but ended up doing 50 mins of cardio instead. I even managed to run for 6 minutes in total - not exactly an achievement, but my fitness is definitely improved. 20 mins on the treadclimber nearly finished me off I have to say, my thighs were burning.

We were flipping famished after that and headed off to Wagamama. I was all set to go for something healthy, but couldn't resist the Chicken Katsu Curry - 14 points but worth every lovely mouthful. Last night I just had a stir fry and then got tempted by a bottle of Rose. Not ideal. 3 glasses later, I was over points which wasn't helped by a few ritz crackers and some Boursin light. Doh. All of my BP's therefore used.

Today has been slightly better, we played tennis for an hour this morning. I'm still utterly crap and spend most of my time running around trying to retrieve the balls for all sorts of random places, but its the taking part that counts - allegedly.

Work this week will be testing. I really need to make sure I am prepared so I am not tempted to eat shit to get me through the days. Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck this week! You can do it... stay strong and just walk away :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!