Tuesday, 25 August 2009

One of those days

I mean one of those 'I am sick to death of pointing everything that passes my lips days.' Having had a good couple of weeks on the weight loss front, I am destined to gain this week given the excesses of the past few days. (Ever the pessimist) It won't be the end of the world as I've had a lovely week, but I already feel myself slipping into holiday mode and it worries me.

Last year I lost 2 stone, then went on an All-Inclusive holiday to Mexico in September. I decided I was going to eat and drink what I wanted and just enjoy myself. The result - I didn't step back on the scales until March this year - and I had gained that 2 stone back and some. I am now lighter than I was back then having lost 37.5 pounds so far and I really don't want to undo any of the hard work I have put in this year. However I am already thinking should I bother going to WI tomorrow given my weekend was bad... of course I will go and face the music, but my devil side is telling me not to bother!

We're off to Plymouth this weekend to visit some of Matt's friends. Hopefully I can be good, but I hate the lack of control when staying with friends or in a hotel. We then have a few days at home and then off to Newcastle for one of my best friends weddings, then we fly off on hols the day after. So, chances are I am not going to lose weight over the next few weeks, but my ultimate aim is not to gain too much.

Yesterday wasn't a particularly bad day, but I went out for dinner with friends so had to guess my points - reckon I was a couple over. Today I've been given a box of Cadbury Heroes as a thanks from one of the consultants. I've had 2 and already feel sick so they will be packed away in the drawer and hopefully won't be calling to me. I'm out for lunch with a few colleagues to a bagel place - hopefully I can stick to a healthy choice.

I hate this 'sod it' frame of mind I can feel myself lapsing into. Having seen some of the photos from the weekend - I know I still have a long way to go, so I just need to regain some self control and jobs a good 'un.

Come on Linz. Sort it out.

4 comments:

  1. Come on Linz, you know you can do it! Although planning and tracking seems a bit of a chore, its only a really small thing to keep your weightloss going in the right direction. As for the hereos, you've had a couple so offer them round the office so you can't eat them! Have a good en x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linz,I'm having exactly the same internal arguments with my bad side at the moment re this week's weigh in, and getting back in control. Tell you what, I'll do it if you will. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok Jaframity, you have a deal!

    And MrsShilts - thanks - I took your advice and the Heroes are gone.

    Thanks Ladies xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. PMA coming your way!!! You have done so well and you know it will be much harder to get started again if you don't keep at it. Go to your weigh in and then you be as good as you can whilst you're away.

    Good luck and keep your chin up hun. xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!