After a fairly hectic day work wise, I managed to stay on track all day yesterday. Just proves that I eat because of boredom a lot of the time. Went spinning last night and it was flipping hard work, not sure if it's got harder or I've just forgotten the pain having not been for a couple of weeks.
Matt persuaded me we should reward ourselves with a couple of Lime and Sodas at the pub afterwards. As soon as we got there I knew we'd end up having dinner as well, since our fridge is currently housing some Laughing Cow light and a few wrinkled peppers, not overly inspiring! But with 10 points left I was fairly confident I could do ok. Full of my renewed zest for WW, I staggered off to the bar (still completley red faced and sporting wet hair, a good look I find). So the conversation goes like this:
Me: "Please can I have the grilled rump steak, with potatoes instead of chips"
Barman: "Certainly madame - sauteed potatoes?"
Me: "No thanks, just potatoes"
Barman: "Potato Gratin?"
Me (teeth slightly gritted now): "No thanks, just plain boiled potatoes"
Barman: "We have roast potatoes?"
Me (practically shouting): "Just plain boiled potatoes please"
Barman: "How about a side of onion rings and a bernaise sauce?"
Me (almost punching him): "Aaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"
Barman: "How about a Dessert?"
Cue me punching his lights out and being arrested for GBH. Ok, that bit's a joke.
In fairness, I should be thanking him for his severe test of my will power which I feel I passed with flying colours. I was also tested by my darling boyfriend ordering steak and ale pie with chips AND rhubard crumble and custard. Pig face.
I'm off to polish my halo now and enjoy my cornflakes (if such a thing is possible).
Good on you! Can I take a punch at your barman too? I feel like I have some frustrations I need to vent, lol!
ReplyDeleteLol - yeah go for it! Sometimes you just need to vent (or punch!) x
ReplyDeleteOh wow - you did good!! I'm rubbish at that game, and usually get side-tracked by something that looks more interesting - go you!!
ReplyDeleteA well earned gleaming halo me thinks. Good for you x
ReplyDeleteDefinitely polish that halo - well done you! x
ReplyDeleteThanks Ladies, it was certainly testing!
ReplyDeleteOh well done you! Nothing like winning a good scrap to make you feel good about yourself. Your halo is dazzling!
ReplyDeleteWell done! I'd have probably caved in and just had the rhubarb crumble instead of the steak and stuff! naught naughty lol
ReplyDeleteI was laughing when I read about the potatoes- I am on a fat free diet at the moment and getting anything plain when eating our is really hard work. Well done on your progress
ReplyDelete