Monday, 13 September 2010

Help for Heroes and a better day

Yesterday food was bad. Not my intention, but it turned out that way. Curses to the fast food places at Twickenham Stadium!

I woke up really late (11am) which is unheard of for me so had a quick breakfast of toast before heading over to my friends house in Twickenham for lunch - we ended up stuck in really bad traffic so I was famished by the time we eventually arrived. She had cooked a lovely cheesy pasta bake with fresh bread and salad - I had 2 servings of the pasta and countless bits of bread. Not clever.

We then headed over to the Stadium for the Help for Heroes Concert. It was brilliant. The atmosphere was great and we were so lucky with the weather. I was genuinely moved by the stories of the many injured soldiers who have benefited from the Help for Heroes charity. All of the acts were amazing, Robbie and Gary obviously topped it for me, but Plan B was brilliant as were James Blunt and Alexandra Burke. For some reason Matt loved The Saturdays (sure it was nothing to do with the way they look!!).


Swoon.....


Can't think why he enjoyed this performance??


We had fairly good seats so I could zoom in with my camera fairly well - I have so many photos and I have absolutely no idea what I will do with them all!

The Comedians were all really good too, plus we got to see Spellbound perform with Katherine Jenkins - absolutely brilliant. I've recorded the show that was on the BBC last night in case I missed anything while we were there, but the show actually lasted 5 hours, so I am sure the BBC show had to cut out lots of it.

I had a "Posh Pasty" of Lamb and Mint in the Stadium which barely touched the sides (but was apparently only 240 calories, bargain hey?) and then when we left, my friend's road was closed for almost an hour to allow pedestrians to get to the station - so we sat in the car with a dodgy Burger Van cheeseburger whilst waiting to get home. I didn't even want it and it was fairly gross - boredom eating at it's best. I felt completely sick by the time I got to bed around midnight. Clever Linz.

So spurred on by my rubbishness yesterday, today has been much improved. I had porridge for breakfast which was beyond dull (I forgot my fruit to go with it.) I need to take some inspiration from JAG and Laura who always seem to have really amazing looking bowls of oats, as despite eating my rather dull wallpaper paste attempt, I felt full for absolutely ages. Porridge could be the future for me.

Lunch was a Sweet Chilli Chicken Salad which I made yesterday morning with Lettuce, Spinach, Red Pepper, Spring Onions, Cucumber and Cherry Tomatoes and a tablespoon of reduced fat coleslaw. Mid afternoon I had a packet of Bear Granola Nibbles with my cuppa and I feel completely satisfied. I think I actually sickened myself with food last week, it's nice to feel back on track.

Soup is the plan for the week, I am off food shopping tonight and am armed with a few WW friendly soup recipes. Not sure how I feel about soup for dinner (it's a starter in my book) but that is the plan if I can stick to it later.

Exercise will commence once again tomorrow with a quick Jillian fix.

I am sure the scales will be evil tomorrow, but I am ready for it and ready to fight back. Watch out scales, I am on the warpath.

3 comments:

  1. I watched the concert and absolutely loved the Robbie & Gary duet! Didnt enjoy the Pixie Lott or The Saturdays though, they sounded awful..(me? jealous, nah! lol) but then again Plan B looked de-lish! Hope you're not too cold with the good ol' british weather

    www.mrsshilts.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Booooooo, I sodding hate the catering options at Twickenham / Wembley too!!!! If you went to a day long festival like V, you'd have a million and one options, but just because they've got you pinned down within a confined space the choices are shocking. The only thing I've found that works (if I remember) is to shove something friendly in my bag .... but then again they search your bags most places so it's hit and miss whether you'll be allowed to keep it sometimes.

    Anywhoo - the concert itself sounds like it was awesome - consider me muchly jealous, in my newly impoverished state!

    Good work with today, lady, sounds like you're all over it. I'm souping too this week (although I'm a lunchtime soup girl - it just reheats so well!) - let me know if you find any good recipes - I'm always on the look out for new ones :o)

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am such a soup and salad girly. If you decide that you might stick with the soup thing long term, I can send you some great, healthy recipes! Love your determination!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!