Wednesday, 29 September 2010

Recipe Corner

I am just showing off now with these photos - but I made this last night and it was bloody lovely (sometimes my 'chuck it all in and hope for the best attitude' doesn't produce the best results), so it seemed rude not to share.

Chicken with Mushroom Sauce for 1 (Matt was off to Gaucho so I'm pretending not to be jealous)

1 Chicken breast (2.5)
Chopped Shallot or Onion
Chopped Mushrooms
Garlic Clove (or if you are lazy like me - Morrisons ready chopped garlic)
Glug of wine (1)
Chicken Oxo Cube (half) and some hot water
Extra Light Philadelphia approx tablespoon (0.5)
Lurpak Lighter (optional) approx teaspoon (1)
Salt and Pepper

Heat a frying pan and melt the butter if using or spray oil if not.
Fry the Chicken Breast until cooked through - remove from pan and cover with foil
Pop the onion or shallot in the pan and cook for a couple of minutes
Add in the garlic and stir for a further minute or so
Pop in the mushrooms on a high heat cook through
Throw in the glug of wine and simmer to reduce by half
Crumble in the Oxo and a bit of water (you can probably do without this step if you season well enough) and allow to bubble.
Season with salt and pepper, remove from heat, stir in Philadelphia and serve over the chicken.

I had this with masses of rice because I had an abundance of points left. I even scraped the frying pan clean with my finger. Classy.

Enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. You're leaving out vital info - how many points??

    Px

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry! 5 points if you use the butter, 4 points if you omit it (and you probably don't need it)... plus any rice you wish to use (I had 60g dried for 3 points)

    :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a show off (a lovely one though) but it looks awesome! I think I may need to make this for tea one night!

    Mr B's mum is the same, to me a phone call before 9 am on Saturday equals trouble not a general chat about how his little sis's mobile is broken!!!!

    XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm that looks fab! And what's all this about not needing butter? As far as I'm concerned EVERYTHING needs butter. Which is probably why I'm on a diet :-)

    Sx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!