Sunday, 19 September 2010

Soup attack

I'm going to start a petition for longer weekends. How can they possibly go by so quickly? I have that Sunday night dread already.

My night out on Thursday passed by relatively unscathed. I managed to stick to Vodka and Soda without much trauma and I shared a little bit of tapas with one of the guys from work. Nothing too damaging. I can obviously hold my drink a bit better than most as I was finding myself surrounded by a lot of drunken colleagues as the night went on. Most amusing. There were a few bad heads on Friday.

Eating over the weekend has been a bit hit and miss, what with the Parentals being here. I've tried to make decent enough choices, but I've eaten out 4 times in the space of 3 days so it hasn't been plain sailing. Friday night was ok, we went to our favourite restaurant and I pretty much managed to come in on points.

On Saturday me and my Mam went into Reading to do some shopping while Matt and my Dad sat and watched Sky Sports for hours - I am sure Matt is a carbon copy of my Dad. Was a lovely day weather wise so we spent a good few hours wandering around and spending money I really don't have! My Mam bought me a few bits and pieces to take home for Christmas which was much appreciated. I bought myself a couple of lovely pairs of shoes from Primarni (or Primark as it's more commonly known) so I didn't spend too much more than I should have.


We had a lovely lunch in a new place in Reading called Bill's. I've been to the one in Brighton so I was muchly excited to hear this was opening here. Very nice food - I shall definitely be going back. Maybe next time I won't order the (absolutely gorgeous) Macaroni Cheese (see how I slipped that in there... pretend you didn't read it.)

I decided to get myself prepared for the week by making up a batch of Leek and Potato Soup, which then attacked me. I popped half of it in the blender once I had finished simmering it... but the bloody blender decided to explode all over my arm. Worse still I couldn't get to the plug to switch the blooming thing off so it just keep exploding everywhere.... This is the result! 4 Blisters and much soreness... Being healthy is not agreeing with me!



Right then, I had better be off. We are going to the cinema ce soir to see Salt and Matt is pacing around waiting for me to be ready so I shall bid you farewell.

Hope you've all had a good weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I love it when Mum's decide to treat you to petty things! Those shoes are lovely, think I may need to pop into the one near me and find the ones with bows on....

    You poor thing! Soup in very dangerous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your arms ok, thats horrible to be covered in boiling hot exploding soup!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!