Friday, 7 August 2009

As predicted

I am suffering a major hangover today, Oh my good God.

I've discovered I am not equipped to deal with 3 hours sleep on a school night and still function at a human level the next day. When you find yourself dancing to Ultravox at 3am in a ceiling carpeted club in Soho on a Thursday night and wake up about 4 hours later in your mates spare room, still fully clothed with an overriding taste of stale wine, you have to wonder what sort of day Friday will be.

Still I made good choices food wise - well if you count not bothering to eat anything at all as a good choice. I did however consume wine in such vast quantities that it must've contributed towards one of my 5 a day.

I've succumbed to a Greggs Cheese Pastie this morning - 7 points and it was actually pretty rank - or maybe thats just the wine I can still taste.

I wonder if I can get away with a little snooze in the toilets at some point, I find a toilet roll can double up as a decent pillow under these circumstances. At my age I really should know better.

4 comments:

  1. Wine = grapes = fruit. *nods agreement* Yep, one of 5-a-day. Very healthy.

    *hands over matchsticks for eyepoles*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry but I had to laugh reading your very vivid description of a very bad hangover... and thank you for reminding me why I don't drink (too much) anymore ;) Hope you manage to squeeze in a nap and make it to the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha!! You know what makes ME feel old .... reading your description and knowing that I'm too damned sensible to do that anymore ... at the age of 28.

    Kill me. Kill me now for my life is surely over.

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PMSL! That was a great description of your night out! Sounds very similar to my kinda night out, but maybe not on a school night, naughty girl! Hope you are feeling loads better now xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!