I've torn my ankle ligaments twice in the past, the most recently at Easter when I spent 4 weeks out of action with a black and blue calf and an ankle the size of a space hopper. Up until now, I've still had some discomfort in my ankle if I overdo it, but its generally been ok. I obviously wasn't reckoning on a conker felling me this morning.
I hate that feeling, when you twist your ankle. It's bloody painful - and it throbs for an age. You get a sick feeling, thinking this has to be broken, it's soooo sodding sore, I'll never walk again (yes I know, hypochondriac!) Then you can't get up - especially trying to lift 18 stone on one leg so you flail around like a fish out of water. Then you realise your other knee is cut, then wonder how you've cut your knee but don't have a hole in your jogging bottoms. Then you're picking gravel out of your hand and spitting it from your mouth.
Anyway, I digress..... So, 5 hours later and it's not looking pretty - although I hear purple is quite fashionable this season. Check out the swelling as well, I am in danger of losing my flip flop underneath that fat foot.
I've strapped it up and taken some ibuprofen, but there's not much else I can do. I'm at the osteopath tomorrow for my shoulder, so I'll ask her to look at it as well. Just so bloody annoying when I was actually quite enjoying exercise! I am now sporting a massive cankle, just when it was starting to get back to normal. Woe is me.
Oh poor you- that looks so painful! Levitation and a pack of cold peas for the swelling my dear!
ReplyDeleteOuch, what a shiner, it looks nasty! Typical though when you're enjoying yourself and then that happens. Hope the swelling goes down soon x
ReplyDeleteYikes! I hate twisted ankles, had my fair share too, especially nasty when you were just getting into sports :(
ReplyDeleteRest well and don't overdo it.
xxx
Oh No !! Ouch !! Poor you !! I really hope that heals quickly for you. What a shame to ruin your fun. ((hugs)) rest well hunnie x x
ReplyDeleteOh no!!! That looks so painful - and I feel for you as I remember how painful ligaments are - I've ripped mine before too! Chin up (and foot up too!) - take it easy and rest that ankle.
ReplyDeleteOh dear. That looks rather nasty. Hope it gets better very soon x
ReplyDeleteOH NO! I'm sorry that happened, at least it was doing something fun like tennis rather than just tripping over a lone sock in the living room.
ReplyDeleteGet well. Rest up.
Thanks everyone! Need to take it easy for a bit which is a tad frustrating, but worse things happen I guess.
ReplyDelete