Yesterday I managed to come in on points by the skin of my teeth. I was in a picky mood, I just wanted to eat all day and I am not entirely sure why. I tried to have 'better' snacks i.e. dried apricots and a 'goodness' bar but it all adds up on the pointometer. I was at a friends for dinner last night and she cooked a chilli, but she's fairly weight conscious herself so it was with extra lean mince and I only had a small portion. I managed to say no to the Tiger bread to go with it and the cheese her hubby was serving up afterwards. Very hard as I flipping well love cheese.
Today started off well, spurred on by Jaframity's success with her silicon egg poachers, I decided to give mine a shot this morning having purchased at the weekend. Big thumbs up from me, a lovely poached egg without the soggy toast that I normally serve up. I normally have breakfast at work, so it was a nice change to sit and watch a bit of GMTV with my cuppa and a 'proper' breakfast.
On getting to work, I managed to successfully ignore the massive box of Greggs Halloween cakes and biscuits kindly placed on the desk behind me. Fortunately, I work with a bunch of gannets so the cakes didn't last long.
Lunch was where it all went a bit off kilter, I did try to be good, but I have a demon in my head who I am currently engaged in a bit of a battle with. My boss has called a team meeting tomorrow morning from 0930-1100. My WI is at 1000 - so obviously I am unlikely to make it. So there goes the demon in my head telling me I don't have to opt for the salad at the pub since I won't be weighing in for another week. Gah! I ordered a chicken wrap without mayo - but did find myself saying 'Yes Please' when asked if I'd like to add chips to my order for an extra £1. Unfortunately the menu also neglected to tell me that the chicken wrap was a 'Deep fried in batter with a side portion of cholesterol' chicken wrap. I left most of the chips as there was too much potato in them for my liking (odd I know) and I picked off some of the batter from the chicken. Could have been worse I guess. Plus we got to sit outside and enjoy the freakishly warm October day. Most pleasant.
Upon my return to the office, I am greeted with Cadbury's Mini Roll and Caramel Cake Bars. For crying out loud people. Stop!
I've made an appointment with my Doctor to get referred for my ankle - unfortuantely he can't see me until next Thursday. I've got private health with work and I found out it covers 10 physio sessions so that is a bit of a result.
Tonight I am off to a pub in Twickenham to drink wine and knit. No seriously! It's my first Knitting Club session and having raided my mother's knitting needle stash at the weekend, I am ready to go. I have visions of knitting myself a lovely scarf in time for Xmas - had better limit the wine intake later or it could be more of a doily I end up creating.
OOh knitting! I can knit scarfs but thats my limit on the knitting. I taught myself to crochet though and I find that really easy I make all sorts of toys in crochet, like stuffed caravans and snails and bears and things. it keeps my hands preoccupied when I want to eat.
ReplyDeleteYes some days it's just like a conspiracy to see how far you can be pushed. I'd say overall that you did pretty damn good! Zxx
ReplyDelete*eyes bag of knitting, containing half-started scarf which has been sitting in the corner for the past year* Enjoy your evening. I used to find keeping my hands occupied was an excellent displacement activity. I must dig out my stitching again.
ReplyDeleteGlad the poached egg pods worked for you too. Wet toast is history!
I think work colleagues everywhere gleefully conspire to hinder any weight loss efforts we have... I'm at a new client this week and got introduced to my colleague's "sweets drawer" yesterday. I don't know how people manage to hoard so much crap and not be completelt obese.
ReplyDeleteI brought a big bunch of grapes with me to work today to nibble on any time the drawer starts calling my name...
Oh and I also have an urge to start knitting, used to do it when I was a kid, so hope it's like riding a bike and I'll remember how to do it ;)