As predicted Friday night was very alcoholic, I can't even begin to remember what I consumed on that front. There were 10 of and I seem to recall numerous bottles of wine, amaretto, baileys and champers being passed around. Oh dear. Dinner was lovely, 2 homemade lasagnes, 1 meat and 1 veggie, homemade bread and salad. I seem to recall having seconds of the lasagne, which I definitely didn't need but I imagine I'd have been in an even worse state than I already was, had I not eaten so much! I seem to remember agreeing to sign up to a knitting club?? How random.
I know we go home around 3am and I knew nothing more til 11am yesterday - once again missing Body Pump. I think I am fated never to try that class. We ended up at the greasy spoon for breakfast, but I left most of mine. It just tasted so greasy, not sure if that was the hangover or my tastebuds having changed.
Needless to say most of yesterday was a complete right off, I think the sofa became surgically attached to my backside. Our plans for last night got cancelled as my friends OH was ill with a sickness bug, that was disappointing as I was looking forward to seeing them, but it was probably a saving grace as we'd have been no company at all!
I've tried to point Friday and my hangover troffings of yesterday and I reckon I now have a nice defecit of 18 points! I'm definitely off to the gym today and into town for a little wander. I've planned meals for the rest of the week, so here's hoping I can undo some of the damage - and if not, well I had a brilliant night with my best friends, so it's really not the end of the world.
Yeah, you have to live life and if it means a bit of socialising every now and then,then the best thing is to enjoy yourself and make up for it later!
ReplyDeleteHaving said that though, I am now a bit of a light-weight in the drinking dept these days and half a glass of wine and I feel quite sloshed, lol!
Looking forward to reading your knitting club chronicles!
I'll raise your 18 points with my 19 point deficit!! And 2 hangovers - one for Sat and one for Sun mornings - ugh - not doing that again in a hurry!
ReplyDelete