Tuesday, 6 October 2009

Bleurgh

There is nothing like miserable weather to put me in a right bad mood. I'm cold and wet and my hair has turned to something resembling a cotton wool ball. I am dreading WI tomorrow, but I am also thinking that a little gain might be just what I need to get my big fat ass back on track. I've not exactly been bad of late, but I've not been good either. I'm probably going over points by 3 or 4 every day which is just stupid. Since I came back from holiday I haven't managed to get myself completely back on track and its annoying the hell out of me.

Today for example, I have my lunch with me - onion and chive cottage cheese and salad. Perfectly tasty and healthy and nothing else required. BUT, the consultants are in today - and they invited me for lunch. They are only in the office once a week so it's always good to go out and have a catch up and I stupidly thought I'd just have a coffee with them. Obviously I was then also seduced by the pecan and raisin cookies in the jar by the till - all because they said "Lower Fat" on them. It was like a sign that I needed to have one. So including the coffee (no skimmed milk) I've gone and blown about 7 points that I simply didn't need to have. The same thing happened last night - I had some pizza for tea, for which I had the points, but I had to then have a cup of tea and half a mince pie - taking me over. Bad times.

I've committed myself to Street Dance with one of the girls from work tonight so that will help. It will be good to try something different, but I'm slightly concerned given the class is for those 'used to exercise'. Hmmmmmm. Expect to hear me moaning tomorrow!

Thankfully we now have food in the fridge and freezer after last night's Asda delivery so there is no excuse to be bad other than my complete and utter lack of willpower.

So as ridiculous as it sounds, I am keeping my fingers crossed for a little gain tomorrow (like half a pound - anymore and I'll cry). I feel like I have been getting away with it for far too long - and if I lose this week after not being very good, I am not sure I'll have the willpower to get myself back on track. However, if by some complete and utter miracle I am fortunate enough to lose, I will do my very best to drag myself, kicking and screaming back on that wagon.

3 comments:

  1. Are you sure you've not been secretly stalking me, because it's like reading my own life .....

    My exercise is the only thing saving me at the moment I think, as I'm struggling a bit with what I've dubbed "Winter Munchie-itis", whereby all things snacky, sweet and crumbly suddenly have an overwhelming attraction that I'm finding hard to fight! Marginally better this week, but I'm going to have pull on big girl panties if I'm going to make it out the other end of the week in one piece and with the 2lb loss I'd like!

    I think my motivations ditched me in favour of an early winter hibernation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it. Don't be so hard on yourself for ocassionally not having salad or 0 Point veg 100% of the time, a woman cannot live on lettuce alone!

    Fingers crossed for the weigh-in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the weigh in. I have been a bit like that myself lately, usually a couple of points over every day which is really bugging me....aaarrrggghhhh !! 19 points is just not enough !!x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!