Monday, 26 October 2009

AWOL for the weekend

I've had a lovely weekend back at home. Spent a lot of time with my nieces and my sisters, plus the parentals of course. My nieces came to stay at my parents house on Friday so I could spend a bit of time with them, which saw me running around like a loony. They don't just sit and watch TV do they?? Constant entertainment required. Hats off to all of you parents out there.

My diet hasn't been great in the sense that I've not really pointed all weekend, plus my mother always has LOADS of food in. Bless her, she always buys me WW stuff, but then also has biscuits and crisps in abundance. I've had a fair bit of self control, but I probably also snaffled a few too many of my mothers amazing Yorkshire Pudding's yesterday (my absolute favourite things ever). My mother also likes a tipple of a Saturday evening, so that saw us polishing off a few bottles of the fizzy stuff whilst my Dad tried to watch Match of the Day.

I tried on my bridesmaid dress for my sister's wedding next October and presently, it looks truly hideous (ok, that's maybe harsh, it just doesn't look very nice at the moment), so I am now more determined than ever to lose at least another 3 stone over the course of the next year. Failing that, I'll have to resort to lipo suction... or wearing some form of surgical stockings to try and suck in my legs. But obviously I won't fail - because I can do this and I will look bloody great in that dress by next October! My little sis tried on her wedding dress and she looks bloody amazing, I'd love to hate her.

My mother also insisted on making me get my ankle looked at as she was convinced it didn't 'look right'. The doctor decided that it had been dislocated at some point and therefore isn't sitting correctly. That's not quite the terminology he used, but you get my drift. It would probably explain me nearly passing out with the pain at Easter when I did it the last time. I need to go and get referred for physio to try and get everything back in the right position, that sounds painful to me. I'm strapped up now, and so long as I don't do any exercise that involves lunging around, I should be ok. I guess I just need to take it easy and not push it.

On a positive note - no sign of Swine flu so I think I've escaped that. Phew. We also had 2 new bathroom fitters arrive this morning - so my crying down the phone to Dolphin on Friday seems to have worked (shameless I know, but I was desperate). We might even have a bathroom by the end of the week. Imagine that.

Right, I have a lot of blog reading (oh and work) to do. Every time I tried to get on the computer at the weekend, I ended up playing Hannah Montana (with my niece of course... not of my own chosing - honest!)

2 comments:

  1. I feel a bit sick on your behalf about that ankle- poor you! Hope you get it fixed soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that ankle sounds really bad - hope you get it seen to quickly. I know a really good one up here, lol!

    Seriously, if you find yourself waiting too long for NHS treatment, seek out a good sports physio, they cost a lot, but get you fixed much quicker.

    So glad you haven't caught the flu - phew and hooray about the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!