Thursday, 15 October 2009

Flashing lights

Had a lovely night last night, we went to a gorgeous restaurant that I stumbled across quite by accident - i.e. I booked it thinking it was somewhere else completely, but it worked out better than expected. I ate what I wanted which turned out to be Twice baked cheese souffle, Slow cooked Belly Pork followed by a sliver of Brie with Walnut bread and grape chutney - Heaven on a plate - well 3 plates. I've guesstimated that I am 11 points over for yesterday, but I can make that up over the next few days. Today's menu comes in at 19 points so that's 7 I'm having back already. I'm trying to work on the basis that I get 182 points a week so I need to come in around that figure by the end of Tuesday. Shouldn't be too hard - right?

Had a very strange morning, got to work bright and early feeling totally fine, if not still a bit tired. Went to make myself a Skinny Cow Mint Hot Chocolate and thought when I got back to my desk I'd maybe been staring out the window vacantly (as is the norm with me) for a bit too long as there were lights flashing before my eyes.... except it didn't go away. Being a complete hypochondriac, my initial thought was I was going blind, having some form of brain malfunction or experiencing a detached retina - I told you I was a bit prone to exaggeration. I literally couldn't see anything at all well, cue mass panic on my behalf.

Fortunately my mother, who's a nurse (to be said in an annoying style like the girl from Jonny Briggs) called me right in the middle of this bizarre episode to tell me about some cheap Ugg boots she'd found - bless her, she loves a bargain. When I told her I was mid panic that my eyesight was failing me she immediately diagnosed an eye migraine and told me to get myself home for a lie down. Easier said than done when you cannot see, I can tell you.

So here I am, I managed to get home in one piece, have had myself a lie down for an hour or so, but essentially I feel fine. My head hurts, but my eyesight seems to be back to normal. I'm not really working as I have to stare at black screens with green writing all day and I fear that will send me doolally again. I think I'm just tired, I've not slept well all week - not helped by having a boyfriend with Man Flu snoring like a tractor next to me all night.

The gym isn't going to happen now which is somewhat annoying after my bleating of yesterday that I would do something - erm Not Fact!

I obviously am tired as I've just found myself crying at 60 Minute Makeover!! Oh dear.

2 comments:

  1. Crying at 60 minute makeover? I think I'd go back to your original diagnosis of brain malfunction! :P

    Hope you're feeling a bit brighter. I've got my OH sleeping in the spare room to give me some blessed silence at the mo, after a few rotten nights.

    Your meal out sound delicious ~ especially to someone who is has been fasting since lunchtime as it's WI tonight.

    Take care
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not good love, hope you feel better soon though, just need to chillax for a bit i reckon. Your descriptions do make me laugh though!! Take care xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!