Thursday, 29 October 2009

Soreness and dullness

I went Spinning last night with as much enthusiasm as I could muster and although I don't like to admit it.... I actually quite enjoyed it. We had a new trainer and she was really good, very encouraging and it was good to do a new routine with some different music. The class went quite quickly and I worked bloody hard - I was a right sweaty mess by the end. I even managed to do a couple of rounds of the bit I hate - where you have to sink down, keeping your body still and totally just use your legs. Flipping ouch. My legs are slightly jelly like today.

In the end we decided against tapas which meant I ended up managing to bank some points. I cooked Diet Coke Chicken and Fried Rice - so it was kinda like having a Chinese without spending money or too many points. Plus I didn't cook enough so my portion was fairly miniscule.... fortunately I was still pretty satisfied after my Steak sarnie at lunch time - quite rare for me.

Today is also going well on the food front, although my lunch was pretty disappointing. I grabbed a WW Ham and Mushroom Tagliatelle as I was hankering after some pasta. Hmmmmm, its pasta in a flavourless watery sauce with a few bits of flavourless ham thrown in. Not sure what happen to the mushrooms but they were nowhere to be seen. Not good for 6 points given I could have made something much tastier for less myself - had I bothered my ass last night. Oh well, you live and learn. Slow cooker is on today with a Beef and Red Wine concoction, so that should hopefully make up for the cack lunch!

I'm booked in for Dynamic Yoga tonight, but I think I may have to give it a miss. I struggled with it when I had a fully functioning ankle and mine is a tad sore today after spinning last night. I think I'll go for a swim or maybe just a walk instead.

Other than that, not a lot to report, apologies for the dull post - hope you're not all bored to tears!

1 comment:

  1. the Tageletelle thing sounds like a bit of a disaster. I'd been eyeing that up in sainsburies the other day, so now I think I may avoid it instead. I guess you don't know these things until you try them, but they always look so much better on the box picture

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!