Michael McIntyre was absolutely brilliant - if you've not seen any of his stuff, you have to check him out on You Tube - this is one of my faves. I've not laughed so much in ages. I was sad when it finished! Comedy Genuis!
We went for a Chinese before the show which probably wasn't ideal, but I've actually come to realise that I am a lot better than I used to be regarding my choices and portion control. Once upon a time I would have made sure I got my half of everything, whether I was hungry or not, making sure I had my 'fair' share. These days, I seem to just take a spoonful of everything at first and only take more if I am actually still hungry. Its not really a big deal, but its definitely a step in the right direction. I no longer feel the need to pile my plate high in case I am missing out on something.
I am not expecting anything good at the scales next week, but I am definitely back on track today. I'm out with the girls tonight and I'll be firmly sticking to Vodka and Soda and I'll make the best choices I can when we have dinner.
Tomorrow I will go to the gym (hopefully hangover free) and we're playing tennis again on Sunday. Will be good to get moving again. I walked to the train station this morning as I'd left my car at work - it's only about 1.5 miles, but normally I'd ask Matt for a lift or wait for a bus, so I feel a bit better for having actually moved my ass. Small steps and all that.
I'm glad to be feeling back to my old self, the cold seems to be on its way out and I am going to try my best not to allow the dump currently doubling up as our flat to get to me - it'll be worth it in the long run. Good times.
I'm happy to see you feeling better and back on track. Even more happy at your review of Michael Macintyre, as my OH is taking me to see him at the O2 on my birthday next month. I can't wait!
ReplyDeleteCan I just say, something in your blog just clicked with me. I am exactly the same with food, I need to have 'my fair share' instead of what will actually fill me up!
ReplyDeleteI feel all enlightened xx
Glad you're feeling better. I must say that I'm itching to get home off holiday myself; a break is good but sometims its just as nice to come home.
ReplyDeleteI've been doing the same as you lately- trying to eat til I'm full and not bursting- very difficult when coping with all you can eat buffets!
Yay - I'm glad you're feeling better! I think I'm the same as you, or getting that way, with the getting over the "snatch the food NOW" issues .... it's just that sometimes I still appear to be damn hungry, and can't stop going back for more lol
ReplyDelete