Sunday, 18 October 2009

Footy and food OD

Thank you everyone who commented on my Fat Day post - you are absolutely lovely people! It's great to have people who are in the same situation as me and know what I am going through with this weight loss journey. I don't want to get all gushy in a wierdy online stalker kind of way, but you know, you are all great!

Food wise the weekend hasn't been ideal. Friday night I tried to make good choices, I opted for smoked salmon as my starter and then Chicken and Leek pie for main course. My reckoning behind this was I could leave the pastry - it was the only thing on the menu that didn't come with chips or 'extra creamy' mash. However, my pie was really odd. The filling of the pie tasted of licorice (fennel?) and I just couldn't eat it. Probably not such a bad thing, but I did drink enough wine to blow my points completley out of the window. Bad head to follow.

I got called on Friday night by work at midnight - really not good when you've consumed your bodyweight in wine. I hope I didn't sound as drunk as I felt!

Yesterday, we met Matt's mum and Stepdad in Brum for a coffee before we headed off to the Hawthorns. Matt is a nightmare on footy days - he gets so nervous about the score that he necks pints like his life depends on it. I opted to lay off the booze yesterday to try stop the points defecit growing even further. So that meant I was dealing with a drunken footy nutter whilst stone cold sober. Great stuff. Anyway, at least West Brom managed to beat Reading 3-1 so he was a happy drunken footy nutter. He was even happier when my team (Newcastle) lost, meaning West Brom went top. Harumph! I do like going to Birmingham since it's only 1.5 hours on the train from us and it's where my dad is from. I spent a fair few summers in that neck of the woods when I was younger visiting my grandparents.

Food was shocking yesterday given we ate on the go all day, Pork and Stuffing baguette, Brie, tomato and basil baguette, half a portion of chips, half a bag of McCoys and 3 all butter biscuits. Healthy stuff hey? I suppose at least I avoided the Balti Pie at the footy! I have a really bad stomach today from all of that rubbish so that should force me back on track today. I've 3 days left and a 15 point defecit, I don't think I'll easily make that up but I'll give it a go. I am hoping to get to the gym later or if the weather holds out we may play tennis. My exercise has been seriously lacking this week.

I don't know why I do this to myself. I set myself a target of being in the 16's by New Year's eve and I seem to be doing my utmost to get myself planted firmly back in the 18's. Anyway, enough of that attitude, I am going to be positive for the next few days before WI and hopefully I can will the scales in the right direction.

Oh and Grrrrrrrrrr - recorded Strictly last night and just catching up this morning (loving Spandau Ballet!) while Matt sleeps off his hangover. Thanks to the over-running of the Grand Prix I've not got the last 20 mins - i.e. the results. Flipping technology sucks sometimes. I suppose I could watch it on iPlayer (given I used to work at the BBC on iPlayer, I should really be a bit more of a convert!!)

2 comments:

  1. Every day is a new day. None of that stuff has to matter. Today you can be a different person who makes different choices.

    I have to remind myself this every morning. (and afternoon, and evening).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been watching it on iPlayer the last couple of weeks - although I've been waiting for the HD download where possible - it was such a good show last night - good to see Ricky W back on form, although what happened with Laila - gaaaaaah! Not going to spoil the results for you - don't worry!

    Right - I challenge you to make tomorrow a good day - a nice clean Monday to start the week! Up for it? I agree that you prob shouldn't worry too much about clawing back all of the 15 points - but eating clean for a couple of days will prob keep you pretty much on track as your metabolism is probably already pretty revved up.

    I'd totally be up for a meet up with people sometime - although I can see it ending in tears / alcoholic stupor lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!