Tuesday, 20 October 2009

Hanging on in there

Thank you to everyone who commented on my progress pictures post yesterday, it's really nice to hear your positive comments to and to know that there is actually a difference. It totally spurs me on to be better and to get my eating back in control - so thank you.

Well I managed to come bang on points yesterday which was an achievement given I had my stressy head on by the time I got home last night. A combination of rubbish day at work, being locked out, a 2 hour journey home (12 miles!!) a bathroom to paint and a fat ankle, had me in a well bad mood!

Saw the osteopath and she said I've just badly sprained my ankle this time, so hopefully no lasting damage. She did give me a bit of a talking to for not wearing an ankle support when exercising. I've obviously got a big weakness in that ankle now so I need to wear a support even when I am feeling like its fine. Doh! Anyway, she did some ultrasound and a lot of yanking about of said ankle - that bloody well hurt I can tell you. Apparently that should help the healing process??! She told me I should be fine to do exercise that doesn't involve me lunging about so long as I stay strapped up. Anyway, ankle is still a cankle and ugly as hell!

Last night I'd cooked a bolognese in the slow cooker - I had my portion with green beans instead of pasta to stop me from going over. It's amazing what you can do without when required.

I've worked from home today which has been tough as there are biscuits in the cupboard. I don't even have a sweet tooth, but these little buggers have been screaming at me all day. Nothing worse than a gobby chocolate digestive.

For dinner tonight I've cooked up some pork chops with a mustard and cider sauce. A bit of an experiment but looks quite tasty. Pan fried the pork chops, then fried off some apple slices, onions and mushrooms in the pan juices. Added some cider and a couple of teaspoons of mustard and a blob of extra low fat creme fraiche. Jobs a good un. Now can anyone tell me - when you cook with alcohol do you still point it as normal even though you cook off the boozy bit? Never sure, best to point it anyway I guess.


WI tomorrow and I am not convinced of good things - my tracker is showing a 12 point defecit which hasn't been helped by my lack of movement. I have however booked myself in for Spinning tomorrow night which I'll take easy in case the cankle doesn't hold out. I am determined to have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment!