I had forgotten how painful Spinning can be - it was obvious that I'd not been for 4 weeks as my thighs were burning during the class and my nether regions still haven't forgiven me - seriosuly can they not make the seats more comfy?? My ankle was so fat however that I struggled to get my trainer on properly, even with strapping. Imagine trying to fit an apple into your shoe along with your foot. I managed to do all of the class, but my ankle is reminding me today that I maybe should have slowed down a bit. It's now melon sized and somewhat paining me. Stupid bloody thing.
We ended up with Chinese last night which was fine given I had 14 points left plus the 9 BPs I earn from Spinning (really 9 BPs??). It was nice, but not as nice as I expected which was a bit of a let down. I think my recent home cooking has made me realise that is the way forward. We also watched the film Twilight which I quite enjoyed, but, I much prefer the book. I'm yet to see a film that is actually better than the book it is based on.
3 weeks today since our Bathroom was ripped out - we are still no further forward. Having had a week off sick with stress and then coming back for 2 days, our fitter now apparently has swine flu. That's not overly ideal given I worked from home on Tuesday and he was there. I managed to convince myself I had symptoms last night - my chest felt tight and I was aching, but that was clearly just my over active imagination (or perhaps just the after effects of Spinning??!) I am totally fine today. Fingers crossed nothing sufaces.... I am sat here waiting to feel ill, it's bordering on the ridiculous. Dolphin are apparently trying to find us another fitter. I swear that company is the most useless thing I have ever dealt with. I intend to bad mouth them to anyone who will listen!
Food today is going well - except my useless boyfriend made off with my salad this morning instead of his. I made us both a bacon and stilton salad so not overly a trauma - except mine had one rasher of bacon and 20g of Stilton all carefully weighed out and pointed. His has 3 rashers (he's greedy) and an unweighed amount of cheese. Grrrrr, I've picked out some bacon and some cheese in the vain hope I am still having the same points as everything else in there is free. If I didn't know better I'd say it was sabotage :)
I'm forgoing my treat today in favour of tonight's outing for Tapas with the girls. Most days I have a packet of Pickled Onion Space Raiders (1) or a mini Milky Bar (1.5). I wandered into the 99p shop today to find 12 bags of said Space Raiders for erm.... well 99p and 6 bars of Milky Bar for the same. I also got some Ryvita Goodness Cranberry and Apple bars (well tasty for a point). I'm like a walking 99p Stores advert. I'm my mother's daughter when it comes to a bargain!
I have a 5 hour train journey tomorrow which could prove taxing, In the past I tended to turn to food during the hours of boredom so I am going to have to arm myself with a book and some healthy treats. I can get a train direct from Reading to my hometown of Chester le Street which is a total result given I normally fly and when you add up the total journey it's about the same. Will be nice to get home and see my family - especially my nieces. I just hope I am not carrying bathroom fitters swine flu germs with me!
Boooo to the bathroom not being sorted - that's a mahoooosive pain in the ass. Hope they sort you out someone new (and non-toxically flu-ey) soon. Make sure you take care with your ankle - pushing it too hard will keep it feeling worse for longer. Re spinning - I usually point a 45 min session as 20 mins hard work and 25 mins moderate - comes up at 4.5 mins for me, but I reckon for most of the time I'm not going at full whack apart from the steepest of hill climbs and the flat-out race sprints. I always think I'd rather point it on the cautious side than give myself too many points back.
ReplyDeleteNice work on retrieving the salad situation. Have a lovely weekend at home! xx
Hope you enjoy your trip home; I wanted to go home too but my olds came down with Swine Flu!!! Its apparent from them that the main sysmptom is a bad cough and chest and a hoarse voice, and achey muscles and the inability to leave your bed. So horrid.
ReplyDeleteI too was suffering from muscle aches all this week- but as aresult of the hauling and crawling and physical fighting of the tank battle. It scared me by showing me how unfit I am! My knees have been playing me up all week as a result (I knackered one really badly whilst training for a run last year). Honestly!! Lol.