Monday, 22 February 2010

Another weekend, another defecit

I managed to recover from the hangover from hell and lack of sleep on Friday and force myself to meet Matt after work for a quick Lime and Soda - no booze for me thank you. The gym didn't happen, but I did manage a couple of rounds of Just Dance on the Wii in order to energise my lazy self. Homemade pizzas for dinner and a couple of films and it was a perfect Friday night for my hungover self.

Saturday, I actually slept in until 10am which is completely unheard of for me. I must have been in dire need of sleep after the poisoning of my body on Thursday night. Did 30 minutes on the treadclimber at the gym which felt really good along with some more exercises to try and sort out the knee. All in all, a fairly good start to the day. Drove up to the Midlands and grabbed a low fat sarnie from Tesco for the jounrey, you could see my halo shining a mile off. We spent a few hours with Matt's brother who seems to be in fairly good spirits despite being housebound for the forseeable future and then we headed over to our hotel. Dinner at the Bilash Restaurant in Wolverhampton was totally amazing - if you are ever around that area you should try it. The portions were fairly small and I reckon I just about came in on points food wise as I had Chicken Shaslick, a tiny spoonful of Lamb Curry and a bit of Naan - it was the alcohol that caused the issues. A few glasses of wine and couple of Amarettos to finish saw me 6 points over. I never learn do I?

Yesterday wasn't much better, we had breakfast at the hotel but I didn't really eat much of it as I was still feeling really full from the night before so a bit of bacon and a slice of toast for me. I then had an unfortunate incident mid afternoon with a Krispy Kreme doughnut and a Croissant which cost me a staggering 15 points. Clever or what? Dinner was Roast Chicken with Veg and a few chips cooked in the Tefal Actifry - it's first outing since I got it for Xmas. Most impressed - 'proper' chips for minimal points.

So here we are at Monday with a 12 point defecit. I've planned 18 points worth of food for the day (I get 26) and I am planning to hit the gym later - although Monday's at the gym are hideous as the world and his wife seems to feel the need to work out. Anyway, no excuses, I shall be there, even if I have to queue for the carpark and all of the machines.

Hoepfully I'll make up the defecit by Wednesday, but I am not hopeful for that 1.5lbs off to get to 50lbs. I seem to feel the need to sabotage myself every time I near a milestone. One day at a time though, so long as I don't gain this week, I'll be happy.

So today will be a good day, although the guy behind me is currently polishing off a Samosa for breakfast and the smell is killing me. I am currently channelling all of my energy into not stealing it from him. My Muller Light and an apple just isn't doing it for me. Harumph. PMA etc. etc.

2 comments:

  1. Mondays at the gym are indeed hideous. I've just returned, could not get a treadmill to save my life now I have a sore backside because I ended up doing that 15 minutes on the bike.. bad times!!!!

    Best of luck this week! You'd be surprised at weigh in! Sometimes the good weeks gone by can get us through!

    Now I really want a krispy kreme! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is it with Monday's??? It was absolutely packed when I finally got to the gym tonight - hideous - which they'd all sod off and be unhealthy and leave me to it!! :o)

    I keep sabotaging myself with booze too - don't know what's come over me recently as I've pretty much been off the sauce all last year, but I think it's a habit I could do with kicking all over again! I feel it might be time for me to "dry out" once again ...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!