Friday tried to throw me off track in the form of an office lunch - i.e. Pizzas delivered to the office for us all to share. I'd pointed soup and a roll for lunch which was a fairly hefty 7 points (it was a bloody big roll) so I was able to swap that for a couple of miniscule slices of pizza without causing too much trauma. The desire to eat more than those two slices was somewhat difficult it has to be said, but I managed it without too much trauma, although I did nearly find myself licking the empty pizza boxes later - ok, I am joking but you get my drift. Pizza is the work of the devil.
Friday night, I missed Spinning which was totally down to the stresses of work and me still being stuck in the office long after I should have gone home. Not ideal, but I did force myself to do a bit of Wii "Just Dance" when I got in to half heartedly make up for my lack of Friday night torture with the Crazy Lady of Spin.
Saturday we drove up to the Midlands to sort out Matt's brothers house as he's decided he wants to look after himself when he eventually gets discharged from hospital. Apparently Matt and his mother are competing over who can do the most for him and he doesn't need it - what a load of tosh. The painkillers he is on must be seriously affecting his brain - we offered to have him stay, but I can't say it was top of my list of wants for the month of Feb! Grrrrr.
Anyway, I digress, the man is a disgrace, I don't think his house has been cleaned in the 7 years he's owned and I spent a good few hours removing mould from the kitchen sink. Not overly pleasant, I won't even go into the horror that was his bathroom - but needless to say I had to visit the local Burger King to use the loo - it was that bad. I am going to give him a fairly stern talking to once he is feeling less sorry for himself. Kim and Aggie would have had a field day. How clean is your house?? Not very.
Fortunately we'd booked ourselves into a really nice hotel near Stafford which made up for the earlier cleaning frenzy. We'd booked a table in the fairly posh restaurant and upon getting ready to head down there, Matt discovered his shirt was still hanging on our bedroom door some 150 miles away. Now given we'd spent the morning cleaning, Matt was wearing his "Mr Lazy" T-shirt which he normally wears to sleep in (and actually had worn the previous night for bed) he'd brought nothing else with him. Obviously we had to improvise - which lead to Matt heading down to dinner in a black V-neck dress of mine with my PJ top on back to front underneath.... I've never seen him look so uncomfy - he was convinced everyone could tell he was wearing my clothes, but I found his discomfort hilarious as you can imagine!

It ended up being one of the funniest nights I have had in a long time, mainly at Matt's expense. The food was lovely as well - I can't admit to being overly saintly, but the portions were fairly small so I don't think too much damage was done.
Yesterday was fairly lazy, we had breakfast in the hotel (full english - oops) and then drove home where I cooked a Roast Chicken with loads of veggies and then spent the rest of the day surgically attached to the sofa. I managed to come in on points again. Go me.
I really need to up the exercise this week, I seem to have developed a mental block surrounding the gym. Utterly ridiculous, I shall be dragging my sorry ass there at least 3 times this week if it kills me. Please berate me liberally if I come on here saying I've not been.
Right then, I had better crack on with some work. Hope you all had good weekends.
LOL!!! The cleaning you did should have earned you a few activity points! :)
ReplyDeleteHave a good week!
Claire xx
I shouldn't laugh, but I would have been cracked up as well - except that my OH wouldn't have had the balls to wear my stuff, so good on ya, Matt!
ReplyDeletePizza is banned here. End of. I don't have the ability to withstand it at all. So good on you too. :)
LOL! Love the stories about Matt´s brother! Seems quite hard work that chap!
ReplyDeleteGood on you pizzawise (wish I could get the thought of it out of my head now).
eeewwwwwwwwww, yuk, mould on the sink? At least you didn't have to stay there. The hotel looked lovely!!
ReplyDeleteMatt should take up wearing womens clothes.... they suit him LOL :o) That would of amused me for the evening too. LOL
It sounds as though you've earned a few BP's and good for you for coming in within points after a full English! x
Love the idea of Matt dressed up in your clothes, lol!
ReplyDeleteAbout his brothers place, all I can say is eeeeeeuw!
Sounds like you're doing great though, keep up the good work :)